OnePlus One vs $3000+ Camera (Canon 5D Mark III 22.3mpx Digital SLR camera)

Search This thread

Borgschulze

Jan 22, 2012

If the person who made that video, correctly focused the camera, the comparison would be a little bit more fair.

I can get video out of my HX9V ($350 Camera) that looks as good or better than that video.

The 5D has a vastly different lens than a cell phone, part of it, is the ability to focus to a certain depth, rather than having the entire shot in focus.

But yes, the OnePlus does take great video, but I hope people only take this as a comparison, and not base the "quality" off of it.

The 5D is still better as a camera and a video camera, no way around it.

Reactions: St1ck33

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Meh. It isn't a true comparison. The focal length of the Canon needs to be adjusted correctly for it to be a true comparison. The OnePlus One does have a decent shooter, but when actually used properly the Canon is light years better.

Transmitted via Bacon

Schadowx277

Nov 28, 2011
Meh

Its biased. It's as if the person really wanted the Canon to down perform. I own a 5D mark III and no way is the quality that bad. Infact, the Oneplus One doesn't even come close. The person simply doesn't know how to use it.

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
ROFL

What a terrible and unfair comparison

It's like race between a fiat vs Ferrari but limiting the Ferrari to first gear.

AcmE85

Jan 19, 2012
Its biased. It's as if the person really wanted the Canon to down perform. I own a 5D mark III and no way is the quality that bad. Infact, the Oneplus One doesn't even come close. The person simply doesn't know how to use it.

ROFL

What a terrible and unfair comparison

It's like race between a fiat vs Ferrari but limiting the Ferrari to first gear.

The Mark III only shoots videos at 1.920 x 1.080.
He recorded the footage with the OnePlus One in 4k.

It is obvious that 4k material looks sharper than Full-HD when cropped to 300%.

Simple as that.

He even mentioned this in the info section
UPDATE #1: If you want to see the original 4K footage from the OnePlus One you can watch this video here http://youtu.be/e5pprNqAFS8

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts