Officially released : 128GB micro sdcard

Search This thread

waiters

Nov 9, 2011
Last edited:
two things i'd like to point out:

1) though the "retail price" is around $200, you can buy it for $120 from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra...ascsubtag=Veepiqi1EeOoZdZjVhxZEg0_AB5z3_0_0_0 (bestbuy will NOT pricematch this! so wait for amazon to ship or pay $80 more at bestbuy.

2) its officially supported by most android phones made in the last 3-4 years, use this to check if yours is: http://pct1.sandisk.com/default.aspx#

Thanks for sharing. Think I'm goin to wait for amazon and save me the $80.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
That was first taken with nothing in it. Here's the beauty of the card...

Why is the available space only around 64GB with nothing on it, did it need formatted?

I know with memory you never get the full allocated amount, but it really starts to show the bigger the card size, with 128GB (advertised sized) giving 119GB usable of space. 128,000,000,000/1,073,741,824 = 119.20928...
Still, I'm sure 119GB would probably be more than sufficient. ;)

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
So what you're saying is... He wasted money on a 128gb card when he could have gotten the 64:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

no he wanted to put 128GB on a card but all the old card would fit was 64GB :D

formatted 64GB card is about 59GB useable space

djbrotherson

Oct 28, 2012
Winnipeg
Here's mine, working perfectly :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1400012014257.jpg
    1400012014257.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 815

glabrek

Nov 11, 2014
I'm looking for a micro SD 128 GB. But the legit ones in North America are still around $125 and more. Anyone knows if prices could/should go down soon? These large capacity micro SD were introduced early in 2014 I think?

Could there be a Black Friday deal on such cards this year?

Thanks.

kinubic

Apr 9, 2008
I'm looking for a micro SD 128 GB. But the legit ones in North America are still around $125 and more. Anyone knows if prices could/should go down soon? These large capacity micro SD were introduced early in 2014 I think?

Could there be a Black Friday deal on such cards this year?

Thanks.

Been using sandisk ultra 128 ~ got it for about $70 when microsoft was selling it on their website ~ lowest I've seen it for after that was like $85 try checking slickdeals every now and then.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA app

Attachments

• 1416279598859.jpg
    1416279598859.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 440

metaleloi666

Nov 19, 2013
Been using sandisk ultra 128 ~ got it for about $70 when microsoft was selling it on their website ~ lowest I've seen it for after that was like $85 try checking slickdeals every now and then.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA app

Thanks for the tip. But it's currently $129.99 at MS... I'd definitely buy it at $70, or even $85. The thing is I'm in Canada and most of slickdeals are most likely US-only. We do have Red Flag Deals here, I'll keep checking.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What?

I don't like needing to delete stuff constantly to make room for other stuff. It doesn't usually matter in the short term, but over long periods of time, I'm always wishing I hadn't deleted something I didn't think I'd need. That's why I save every single text message I send, back them up, and upload that backup to my drop box, which I've got 75 gigs of space free... And unlimited data plan, so it's basically an online sd card....

I love more space. I just don't like how long they are taking to release. They can probably fit a terabyte on a micro sd card now. If not a micro, then a regular sdcard for sure. But they'll release them one by one, in 64gb increments till infinity.

Sdxc so yeah

You've Just Been Tapatold ♧♢dbombROMv3beta♤♡
    ☆FlappyBird☆Score ☆ 85 ☆

Get a regular sd card that's 128gb. Then use this:
    attachment.php

Obviously that guy is using an extended battery but others have reported it tightly fitting under the stock cover. Can't find a pic right now.
    I guess they are going to be specifically for Android too. $199.99

Anybody going to get one for their S4 now that most people won't be upgrading to the S5?

http://m.ibnlive.com/news/sandisk-i...irst-128gb-microsd-card-at-199/454447-11.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You've Just Been Tapatold ♧♢dbombROMv3.4♤♡

My SGS4 Theme ( Taking Req. )
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658527
    I guess they are going to be specifically for Android too. $199.99

Anybody going to get one for their S4 now that most people won't be upgrading to the S5?

http://m.ibnlive.com/news/sandisk-i...irst-128gb-microsd-card-at-199/454447-11.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You've Just Been Tapatold ♧♢dbombROMv3.4♤♡

My SGS4 Theme ( Taking Req. )
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658527

Already ordered mine from Amazon when it was $119...shipping out March 23rd! :laugh:
    you can a 128gb sd card for way cheaper. then one of those $5 microsd to sd adapters. i've seen people do it for the note 2 with no problems

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What?

128gb is huge. Can't justify how I would need that size. Sticking with my 64gb for now. But good to know new technology is coming out.

I don't like needing to delete stuff constantly to make room for other stuff. It doesn't usually matter in the short term, but over long periods of time, I'm always wishing I hadn't deleted something I didn't think I'd need. That's why I save every single text message I send, back them up, and upload that backup to my drop box, which I've got 75 gigs of space free... And unlimited data plan, so it's basically an online sd card....

I love more space. I just don't like how long they are taking to release. They can probably fit a terabyte on a micro sd card now. If not a micro, then a regular sdcard for sure. But they'll release them one by one, in 64gb increments till infinity.

I would have to wonder would they be compatible with our phones..

Sdxc so yeah

You've Just Been Tapatold ♧♢dbombROMv3beta♤♡
    ☆FlappyBird☆Score ☆ 85 ☆
    128gb is huge. Can't justify how I would need that size. Sticking with my 64gb for now. But good to know new technology is coming out.

If you are the type who likes to watch HD Movies on their phones, or constantly experiments with their phones and regularly makes Nandroid Backups, even a 64Gb Card will become insufficient.