Charging Problem

Search This thread

Lee_Et81

Oct 24, 2011
Phoenix
This problem started with my phone a couple weeks ago. I seem to have problems charging my phone. I cannot charge my phone while it's off. If I plug it into a power source via the cable it turns itself on.

Sometimes it will not charge. It usually happens if I use the phone while it's plugged into something while charging. In the status bar it indicates it is not charging. To make get it to charge the battery again I have to take out the battery and restart the phone. Sometimes I have to do this a few times before it starts charging again.

I've got my phone rooted with CWM and i'm running CM7

Enyo.

Jul 23, 2011
This problem started with my phone a couple weeks ago. I seem to have problems charging my phone. I cannot charge my phone while it's off. If I plug it into a power source via the cable it turns itself on.

Sometimes it will not charge. It usually happens if I use the phone while it's plugged into something while charging. In the status bar it indicates it is not charging. To make get it to charge the battery again I have to take out the battery and restart the phone. Sometimes I have to do this a few times before it starts charging again.

This only happens to me when my phone overheats .

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010

What are you running? ROM, kernel?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Lee_Et81

Oct 24, 2011
Phoenix
What are you running? ROM, kernel?

I'm not sure. I have a CM7 nightly from 11-16-2011. It was the second to the last nightly that was made for it. It seemed to have less issues then the latest one. But, I've flashed different ROMs available from CWM and the charging issue was still present.

This is what my I have.

Basebad Version: S:i500.04 V.ED05

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.14-g07dc0db-dirty, jt1134@unbuntu #1

Mod Verson: CyanogenMod-7-11162011-NIGHTLY-Fascinate

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
I'm not sure. I have a CM7 nightly from 11-16-2011. It was the second to the last nightly that was made for it. It seemed to have less issues then the latest one. But, I've flashed different ROMs available from CWM and the charging issue was still present.

This is what my I have.

Have you tried to Odin to stock using v 2.2pit? Could be something buggy in your data or partitions. i.have found that some things can only be solved this way.. If you odin to stock and it still happens then it is most likely hardware.. If you need help with odin use droidstyles guide in the general section

Reactions: Lee_Et81

Lee_Et81

Oct 24, 2011
Phoenix
Have you tried to Odin to stock using v 2.2pit? Could be something buggy in your data or partitions. i.have found that some things can only be solved this way.. If you odin to stock and it still happens then it is most likely hardware.. If you need help with odin use droidstyles guide in the general section

i guess that's what i'll have to do. :p

Lee_Et81

Oct 24, 2011
Phoenix
Let me know how it works out

I seem to have another problem. Two laptops of mine can't communicate with my phone. I've installed a samsung driver for them but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe the driver I'm trying to use is outdated or bad. Can you direct me to a place that may have a working driver?

much appreciated.

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
I seem to have another problem. Two laptops of mine can't communicate with my phone. I've installed a samsung driver for them but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe the driver I'm trying to use is outdated or bad. Can you direct me to a place that may have a working driver?

much appreciated.

Open Odin,Pull battery, hold volume down while plugging in usb, keep holding until download mode pops up, a box in the upper left corner should turn yellow

Lee_Et81

Oct 24, 2011
Phoenix
Open Odin,Pull battery, hold volume down while plugging in usb, keep holding until download mode pops up, a box in the upper left corner should turn yellow

Ugh, things are just not working out for me lately. All is moot now. My screen is broken. Looks like I won't be talking to anyone for awhile and my job search just got more difficult. FML

Lee_Et81

Oct 24, 2011
Phoenix
i've gotten a replacement fascinate. i forgot i had insurance. neh4pres... do you know where i can a copy of that eh03 radio? every link i've found seems to refer to the same one and that link has been down. i'm itchin to get ICS on my phone now and i can't get that radio.

k_nivesout

Mar 27, 2011
What radio do you have now? From what I've read you should be fine on ICS with EC09, or the previous one which I can't recall the name of (or EH03 obviously). Earlier ones might work too, I don't know, but I think those three most recent are recommended. Sorry I can't help with a link or anything, I've just got the EC09 one at the moment.

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
Try this. QUOTE=imnuts;23171512]Found that I had downloaded the original EH03 file when it was posted, so I uploaded it for people to use (and provide a mirror). Enjoy :)

Download
MD5: 89045064cf45ccd85f8ad746911b6e28[/QUOTE]

Lee_Et81

Oct 24, 2011
Phoenix
What radio do you have now? From what I've read you should be fine on ICS with EC09, or the previous one which I can't recall the name of (or EH03 obviously). Earlier ones might work too, I don't know, but I think those three most recent are recommended. Sorry I can't help with a link or anything, I've just got the EC09 one at the moment.

my replacement fassy is completely stock and came with an EH03. does that actually simplify things?

k_nivesout

Mar 27, 2011
Yeah if you're already on EH03 than I wouldn't worry about the radio. If you get the itch to try out ICS, check out droidstyle's guide, it has everything to get you up and running. I recommend AOKP or teamhacksung's ICS (on rootzwiki).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is what my I have.

Try this. QUOTE=imnuts;23171512]Found that I had downloaded the original EH03 file when it was posted, so I uploaded it for people to use (and provide a mirror). Enjoy :)

Download
    MD5: 89045064cf45ccd85f8ad746911b6e28[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you're already on EH03 than I wouldn't worry about the radio. If you get the itch to try out ICS, check out droidstyle's guide, it has everything to get you up and running. I recommend AOKP or teamhacksung's ICS (on rootzwiki).