[APP][WIDGETS]Accuweather Widgets[Updated 22 March]

Search This thread

Guinhu

Oct 31, 2011
Hey guys.. just a quick question, what am I doing wrong?? I mean I keep getting this message. I'm on ICS 4.0.3 and no root by the way.

41713436944820308929810.jpg

Last edited:

maxiordoqui

Aug 18, 2011
Hey guys.. just a quick question, what am I doing wrong?? I mean I keep getting this message. I'm on ICS 4.0.3 and no root by the way.

Hmm.. I suggest you to flash CF-Root 5.4-PROPER and install RootExplorer. When you did those steps open RootExplorer App, Navigate to the WeatherWidgets Made by Rushabh25, pick your favorite and copy it, now go back until you see System folder, go in there and then go to App folder, Paste it in there, now look for SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk. Long press on it, select Rename and then select all, copy the name, now rename it to SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.app.bak
Finally, look where you paste the modded widget app with a name like Awidget4x1, rename it to "SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk", save it. Now go to your homescreen and enjoy the widget.

Simple, Rename the original Widget as .bak (Backup), paste the modded one and rename it as the original one.

EDIT:CF-Root 5.4;Root Explorer 2.19 and Odin has been attached for you.
EDIT2: Flash CFRoot as PDA with Odin in Download Mode for Root Access, then operate with RootExplorer for System Directory navigation, Check Mount RW Above for RW permissions..

Attachments

• RootE+CFR5.4.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Reactions: samgu and Guinhu

Guinhu

Oct 31, 2011
Oh ok... Now I got the picture, and yeah I'll do it as soon as I get home.
Thanks.

Titosilva

Apr 14, 2010
Great work, that is what i was looking for. Thanks.
Is it possible to release also the transparent digital clock?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

dc66

Mar 3, 2010
Thanks for your work!

Unfortunately I could not install it. Just get an "Application not installed", nothing else.
I am on CM9, rooted, no previous version installed.

blade30p

Dec 24, 2010
Birmingham
Ok so I installed it by making a back up of my old accuweather apk in system, then (mounted r/w) copied the signed app over & it's working fone but I have 2 small lines of text in the bottom left & right corners & it ruins the look. I'll upload a screenshot when I'm at my Pc later

Does anybody else have this problem?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Last edited:

micax

Apr 19, 2011
tried to install as system and regular in resurection rmx 1.7 - no success (
regular - can not be installed, system - just doesnot appear in widgets at all. Please Advise

micax

Apr 19, 2011
Yes permissions was rw-r-r, tried same install on 1.8.1 resurrection remix - worked for me fine - except I can`t add city - location found by GPS or search - touching city name and nothing happens. And also text accuweather overlays with weather status "cloudy" for ex.

blade30p

Dec 24, 2010
Birmingham
Yes permissions was rw-r-r, tried same install on 1.8.1 resurrection remix - worked for me fine - except I can`t add city - location found by GPS or search - touching city name and nothing happens. And also text accuweather overlays with weather status "cloudy" for ex.

Yes I had the text overlays so I increased the homescreen column settings in Apex by 1, so Upto 6 from 5. Then resize the weather widget by dragging it down 1 row
That solved it for me :)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

micax

Apr 19, 2011
didn`t helped me - tried both rows and columns +1 - letters are off-blue-square now ((

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys here are all the
    AccuWeather Widgets

The Widgets are available in 4 sizes:-
    2x1 ; 2x2 ; 4x1 ; 4x2

1]Normal:-
    sc20120318193313.png

2]Translucent:-
    sc20120318193037.png

3]100% Transparent:-
    sc20120318193109.png

Credits:-
    -Aatif- for Helping me in creating these widgets

Download:-
    http://www.mediafire.com/#820psqhvoegfc

Installation:-

1)As a Regular App:-
    Install it normally like other aps

2)As a System App:-
    Copy in system/app using Root Explorer
    Set permissions as rw-r--r--
    Reboot

Press THANKS If U Like My Work !!

Hmm.. I suggest you to flash CF-Root 5.4-PROPER and install RootExplorer. When you did those steps open RootExplorer App, Navigate to the WeatherWidgets Made by Rushabh25, pick your favorite and copy it, now go back until you see System folder, go in there and then go to App folder, Paste it in there, now look for SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk. Long press on it, select Rename and then select all, copy the name, now rename it to SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.app.bak
    Finally, look where you paste the modded widget app with a name like Awidget4x1, rename it to "SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk", save it. Now go to your homescreen and enjoy the widget.

Simple, Rename the original Widget as .bak (Backup), paste the modded one and rename it as the original one.

EDIT:CF-Root 5.4;Root Explorer 2.19 and Odin has been attached for you.
    EDIT2: Flash CFRoot as PDA with Odin in Download Mode for Root Access, then operate with RootExplorer for System Directory navigation, Check Mount RW Above for RW permissions..
    is for deodexed or odexed rom?
    download link not working

This one works

http://www.mediafire.com/?820psqhvoegfc
    is for deodexed or odexed rom?
    download link not working
    Great work, that is what i was looking for. Thanks.
    Is it possible to release also the transparent digital clock?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Yes

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium