GiONEE E7 4K Discussion

Search This thread

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
Hello All, Im very interested in having 4K video recording on our E7 device..As you all have seen the camera sensor OV16825 is very capable of recording 4K and our processor too is capable of handling 4k at ease.Ive contacted many devs for this but some are saying that its too much to want..only person helping me is Jishnu Sur. yes the guy porting 4k and 120fps to G2.Ive continued to study all the things and at this time i came to the conclusion that it looks there is little hope.. See the pics ive attached first is of gionee camera app second one is of one plus one. any body willing to help??
2i2bdqp.jpg
2hy7yw5.jpg

Reactions: azharshaikh7866

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
bro both devices have different sensors and both require different libs..so flashing doesnt help...btw ive tried that camera app it fc's on my device..

Eduardojv

Aug 5, 2012
bro both devices have different sensors and both require different libs..so flashing doesnt help...btw ive tried that camera app it fc's on my device..
Well, the libs are generated while compiling.
I heard Gionee is working hard to put 4k record in the e7 with the kk update. I can´t wait to get this phone

dhirajranger

May 28, 2013
Indore
Hello All, Im very interested in having 4K video recording on our E7 device..As you all have seen the camera sensor OV16825 is very capable of recording 4K and our processor too is capable of handling 4k at ease.Ive contacted many devs for this but some are saying that its too much to want..only person helping me is Jishnu Sur. yes the guy porting 4k and 120fps to G2.Ive continued to study all the things and at this time i came to the conclusion that it looks there is little hope.. See the pics ive attached first is of gionee camera app second one is of one plus one. any body willing to help??
2i2bdqp.jpg
2hy7yw5.jpg

hey try 2304 X 1728 resolution
z device test shows camera capable of this resolution give it a try

simmer14

Jul 5, 2011
our sensor is capable of recording 2k and 4k videos at 60fps look over at omnision website..

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2i2bdqp.jpg
    2hy7yw5.jpg
    I know it's for Sony devices..
    But take a look here...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2767005

They have same processors,right?

Yes they have the same processor but different camera sensors
    Gionee is just trying to make more money or just couldn't develope software update for 4k video. Well what i can tell about this subject is i heard that they are gonna make a new E series model, if upper device has the same chip for camera with 4k video recording, you can just flash that mod on your E7s.

any device with the same sensor can work
    CONFIRMED : The libs present in our device doesnt support 4K as ive tried with the differnt modifications.btw can anyone tell me why our front camera being 8MP doesnt record 1080p videos??

it most likely has 2 mipi lanes which are not enough to carry the bandwith for 1080p res

can you upload this file i think i can enable 4k for gionee
    libmmcamera_ov16825.so found here /system/vendor/lib/
    Hi Put the libmmcamera_ov16825.so in /system/vendor/lib/ and try what defcomg said (y) and please reply on what happened