[Q] Would this be enough for you to warranty your new NOTE 3?

Search This thread

Xanode

May 2, 2012
So i bought a new NOTE 3 around a month ago unlocked and outright from a well know retailer here in Australia. The device is still on jellybean and has the codes:

AP: N9005XXUDMJ7
CP: N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC: N9005XSADMJ2

I absolutely love this phone and everything it can do but a few little problems have crept up:

1. When using the camera interference lines run across the screen once or twice a minute, after doing some research I've read this is related to WiFi some how and can be easily fixed by putting the phone into aeroplane mode so there's no signals coming in or out of the phone.

Here is a video showing exactly what happens, notice the lines running across the screen at 0:09 and right at the end of the video. This is not my video and i found it on YouTube but mine does exactly the same thing.

2. The other problem has to do with the camera also, but its the audio this time. It is also a known bug where there is a popping sound generated by ??? at random times during recording in 90% of video's. Upon playback if listening with stereo headphones or speakers the pop will only occur in the right channel. This bug can also be avoided by using the mic from the included headset when recording a video(if you have the headset plugged in when recording a video it automatically uses the headset mic to record the audio, well mine does anyway), so it has something to do with one of the mics on the handset itself.

Here is a video showing the exact problem, again not recorded by me but another user on YouTube, it happens once around the middle of the video, you may need to turn up your audio to hear it:

So firstly if anyone knows any fixes for the two problems please let me know, if i can avoid having to warranty in the first place that would be awesome.

But at the end of the day if your new NOTE 3 that you just dropped $800 on had the bugs would they bother you enough to go through the hassle of warranting the device?

Any help is much appreciated!

4aces

Feb 16, 2010
So i bought a new NOTE 3 around a month ago unlocked and outright from a well know retailer here in Australia. The device is still on jellybean and has the codes:

I absolutely love this phone and everything it can do but a few little problems have crept up:

1. When using the camera interference lines run across the screen once or twice a minute, after doing some research I've read this is related to WiFi some how and can be easily fixed by putting the phone into aeroplane mode so there's no signals coming in or out of the phone.

Here is a video showing exactly what happens, notice the lines running across the screen at 0:09 and right at the end of the video. This is not my video and i found it on YouTube but mine does exactly the same thing.

2. The other problem has to do with the camera also, but its the audio this time. It is also a known bug where there is a popping sound generated by ??? at random times during recording in 90% of video's. Upon playback if listening with stereo headphones or speakers the pop will only occur in the right channel. This bug can also be avoided by using the mic from the included headset when recording a video(if you have the headset plugged in when recording a video it automatically uses the headset mic to record the audio, well mine does anyway), so it has something to do with one of the mics on the handset itself.

Here is a video showing the exact problem, again not recorded by me but another user on YouTube, it happens once around the middle of the video, you may need to turn up your audio to hear it:

So firstly if anyone knows any fixes for the two problems please let me know, if i can avoid having to warranty in the first place that would be awesome.

But at the end of the day if your new NOTE 3 that you just dropped $800 on had the bugs would they bother you enough to go through the hassle of warranting the device?

Would definitely make use of warranty. Why bothering to fix your phone when u can get a new one;)

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com

Update it it from JellyBean 4.3 to KitKat 4.4.2 and try again.

Xanode

May 2, 2012
Would definitely make use of warranty. Why bothering to fix your phone when u can get a new one;)

I doubt sammy will just give me a new phone, they will probably make me send it back and fourth to them multiple times before even considering it and even then ill probably get a refurbished one... knowing samsung... but i think ill warranty it and to think i was on the brink of non-knox-safe rooting it the other day lucky i hadn't.