"Unlocked" icon on boot screen?

Search This thread

Postal76

Mar 26, 2009
I just picked up a Tab 10.1 from Best Buy, and I noticed that there is a large "unlocked" icon at the bottom of the first boot screen.

What does this mean? Is the bootloader somehow unlocked already?

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
wow nice.

do you have access to flash in recovery? do you have bootloader access (that you can interact with)? do you have odin access (that you can interact with)?

Last edited:

F1reF1ghter

Jul 9, 2010
I noticed the same thing. btw...the 32gb metalic grey rocks.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

dsh897

Dec 19, 2007
Same here! unlocked symbol on my 32 gb white from BB! feeling good about this

when i press power and v- it brings up odin3 download mode (protocol v2) and shows and android character, "downloading" underneath him "do not turn off target" "waiting usb cable"

Last edited:

URPREY

Oct 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
www.BillStebbins.com
We can't get into Bootloader or recovery yet.

Here's the boot screen on my 32GB grey though

Attachments

• IMAG0363.jpg
    IMAG0363.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 7,874

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
this shows you dont have bootloader access.

select down and then up on the recovery icon (next to the downloading icon).

select apply update from sdcard, if it says 'unable to mount volume' and gives you two ../, then launch an adb shell, and type mount. do you see /data mounted? do an ls -ld /sdcard, is it not owned by root? if either of these are false, you wont be able to flash through this recovery and/or push anything to the ramdisk to flash.

if that is the case you can try this -->

we will try to flash a custom recovery to your device.

do this:
download all files from (i9000 downloader.rar is for windows):
http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/retail/

unpack the i9000 downloader.rar (use winrar to unpack this: http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm) in to a folder (you will end up with two files)
get your device in odin (download mode):
press power + vol down, press vol up on the digging android guy (default selection)

on the screen it will say odin3.. press start.

plug in your usb
launch odin..exe as administrator
you will see COM in yellow on the left hand side.
click on PDA and select the recovery-cwm.tar.md5 file
click start.

if it flashes successfully you have now flashed a custom recovery to your device. lets see if you can get to it:
go back to the screen (with the digging android/recovery icon), and select (vol down) the recovery icon and pres vol up to select.

if you see CWM (3.2.0.1), your good.

if it says write failed and flashes red in that box on the left hand side, odin is not accessible either.

Reactions: ky0nkyon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this shows you dont have bootloader access.

select down and then up on the recovery icon (next to the downloading icon).

select apply update from sdcard, if it says 'unable to mount volume' and gives you two ../, then launch an adb shell, and type mount. do you see /data mounted? do an ls -ld /sdcard, is it not owned by root? if either of these are false, you wont be able to flash through this recovery and/or push anything to the ramdisk to flash.

if that is the case you can try this -->

we will try to flash a custom recovery to your device.

do this:
    download all files from (i9000 downloader.rar is for windows):
    http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/retail/

unpack the i9000 downloader.rar (use winrar to unpack this: http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm) in to a folder (you will end up with two files)
    get your device in odin (download mode):
    press power + vol down, press vol up on the digging android guy (default selection)

on the screen it will say odin3.. press start.

plug in your usb
    launch odin..exe as administrator
    you will see COM in yellow on the left hand side.
    click on PDA and select the recovery-cwm.tar.md5 file
    click start.

if it flashes successfully you have now flashed a custom recovery to your device. lets see if you can get to it:
    go back to the screen (with the digging android/recovery icon), and select (vol down) the recovery icon and pres vol up to select.

if you see CWM (3.2.0.1), your good.

if it says write failed and flashes red in that box on the left hand side, odin is not accessible either.