safe to go back from 4.3 to 4.1.2?Yes

Search This thread

bojantanasic

Dec 18, 2010
Belgrade
Can someone tell me is it safe to go back to 4.1.2 from 4.3?
Because 4.3 is worst firmware I ever tested,to bugy and lagy.
Its like 4.0 for xperia ray,now I feel that xperia ray is faster than this peace of sh..t!

Here is it little tutorial for downgrading if somebody needed:

1.Backup everything that is important (music,pictures,..)from internal storage to sd card or pc

2.Backup contacts on sd card

3.download stock TFT file from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2311964 for all version of Sp
for Sp 5303 I'm using this TFT file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7GITlANAsLOTWZnMlVGV2NQdDA/edit?pli=1

4.flashtool tutorial thanks to mrjraider http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658952

Last edited:

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
Its like 4.0 for xperia ray,now I feel that xperia ray is faster than this peace of sh..t!

4.1.2 is faster than 4.3? I suggest you flash the ftf of Central European 4.3.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bojantanasic

Dec 18, 2010
Belgrade
4.1.2 is faster than 4.3? I suggest you flash the ftf of Central European 4.3.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm on CE and sometime I feel like it's flying and sometimes it's so slow I don't know why.
I was flashing 2 times and always is a same.
I'm getting lots of camera stop,settings stops...
And what worries me most is heathing of the phone when I'm browsing net
And I have strange power offs when phone charging.

ZakooZ

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
I'm on CE and sometime I feel like it's flying and sometimes it's so slow I don't know why.
None of these happened to me... phone is a lot faster and stabler than with 4.1.2
It's not the firmwares' problem

Reactions: Sadman Khan

User013

Oct 25, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
I already downgraded my sp to 4.1.2. With 4.3 it was unresponsive, often freezing, slow opening apps, last night i had to "manually restart phone"(i am not sure how it is called, you open phone and stick pen in little hole until phone restart itself). I used this guide:
http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/37-sony-xperia-sp-c5303
So i am on 4.1.2 until new JB update or hopefully KItKat.
Nama izgleda uvalise neku verziju 4.3 koja ne radi bas najbolje...

Reactions: bojantanasic

bojantanasic

Dec 18, 2010
Belgrade
I already downgraded my sp to 4.1.2. With 4.3 it was unresponsive, often freezing, slow opening apps, last night i had to "manually restart phone"(i am not sure how it is called, you open phone and stick pen in little hole until phone restart itself). I used this guide:

I'm downgrading right now to 4.1.2.

Nikad vise necu kupiti nijedan SONY uredjaj, kad imaju programere krembile.
Nije ni cudo sto su napisali da je KitKat under investigation, jer su jedva nabudzili i ovaj 4.3:))

User013

Oct 25, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Da se vratim ja svom losem engleskom jos ban da ne dobije.

Xperia Sp is mid-range phone and it seems like Sony care only about their flagships and that's shame. XSP is great phone it just need nice update to improve camera and fix poor WiFi. I expected a lot from 4.3 and now i am disappointed. I will wait couple more months to see if Sony release new updates to improve camera, fix wifi, fix bravia engine, hopefully release promised KitKat. Then when they officially stop support for xsp i will unlock bootloader install cyanogenmod and i am pretty much happy with that :).
I am not sure if other manufacturers are better with updates. So next time probably Sony's phone again but only flagship.

bojantanasic

Dec 18, 2010
Belgrade
I'm again on 4.1.2 and no more lags and anything, only problem is sh..ty camera and wifi.
So I will stay on 4.1.2 until Sony mercy and improve 4.3, that will be 2016, maybe:))

bojantanasic

Dec 18, 2010
Belgrade
I know everything about rooting because I have Xperia Ray with a custom rom and kernel with a root:)
I like to explore and try something new, but now for SP we don't have lot of good roms and because of my warranty I don't want to unlock BL.
I open this thread because system partition is different in 4.3 and I didn't know is it safe to go back to 4.1.2.
I will stay for now on 4.1.2 until we get update for 4.3 or Sony release source code for 4.3 and we get stable release CM10.2 with radio:)

consider to root your SP instead if you really want to find fixes for that.. there is a lot of TUT here to learn and to make improve your phone, why not explore?..

poccoyo

I know everything about rooting because I have Xperia Ray with a custom rom and kernel with a root:)
I like to explore and try something new, but now for SP we don't have lot of good roms and because of my warranty I don't want to unlock BL.
I open this thread because system partition is different in 4.3 and I didn't know is it safe to go back to 4.1.2.
I will stay for now on 4.1.2 until we get update for 4.3 or Sony release source code for 4.3 and we get stable release CM10.2 with radio:)

yeah, i know that feeling too. :(

i haven't updated my SP as well, though i'm in 4.1 rooted.. i feel the same way and just hope for best to fix the bugs of 4.3.. hoping also to have a rooting exploit for 4.3.. :eek:

poccoyo

Sony Devs already released source code for 12.1.A.0.266, just check http://developer.sonymobile.com/dow...s/open-source-archive-for-build-12-1-a-0-266/

toninsc

Nov 11, 2010
Chapecó, Santa Catarina
Hello my friends... i wanna know i need unlock bootloader to get a downgrade to 4.3 for 4.1.2 or i simple put 4.1.2 on flashtool and finish the process...

Last edited:

bojantanasic

Dec 18, 2010
Belgrade
Hello my friends... i wanna know i need unlock bootloader to get a downgrade to 4.3 for 4.1.2 or i simple put 4.1.2 on flashtool and finish the process...

No, you don't need to unlock bootloader, just install 4.1.2 with flashtool.
The only problem is that you will lose user data like call logs,sms,apps,contacts...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is it little tutorial for downgrading if somebody needed:

1.Backup everything that is important (music,pictures,..)from internal storage to sd card or pc

2.Backup contacts on sd card

3.download stock TFT file from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2311964 for all version of Sp
    for Sp 5303 I'm using this TFT file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7GITlANAsLOTWZnMlVGV2NQdDA/edit?pli=1

4.flashtool tutorial thanks to mrjraider http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658952
    None of these happened to me... phone is a lot faster and stabler than with 4.1.2
    It's not the firmwares' problem
    Da se vratim ja svom losem engleskom jos ban da ne dobije.

Xperia Sp is mid-range phone and it seems like Sony care only about their flagships and that's shame. XSP is great phone it just need nice update to improve camera and fix poor WiFi. I expected a lot from 4.3 and now i am disappointed. I will wait couple more months to see if Sony release new updates to improve camera, fix wifi, fix bravia engine, hopefully release promised KitKat. Then when they officially stop support for xsp i will unlock bootloader install cyanogenmod and i am pretty much happy with that :).
    I am not sure if other manufacturers are better with updates. So next time probably Sony's phone again but only flagship.
    consider to root your SP instead if you really want to find fixes for that.. there is a lot of TUT here to learn and to make improve your phone, why not explore?..