Reflash the knox bootloader maybe?

Search This thread

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
Im on the official 4.3 stock rom. Did the cf auto root and tripped the knox bit.
The thing is in TWRP recovery you can nandroid backup of current rom and asked me what to backup featuring bootloader modem efs etc. And can restore back what was backed up before

I was wondering if someone still in 4,1,2 bootloader with rom too can makae nandroid back for us to try to flash with the old bootloader. Maybe we can overwrite the bootloader like nothing happened?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Issa Eid

Mar 24, 2013
hey man, don't bother your self,i tried this one before but no result, i have been searching for 1 week to find a trick to get rid of the Knox bootloader and the avoid status in download mod but nothing help, even now my phone does not accept any rom with mj5 bootloader!

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
I heard that i cant do ota updates if the knox is tripped, is that true?

aelsakka

Apr 14, 2014
Hello guys as far as I know nandroid backup does not contain bootloader, to flash a bootloader it must be done by odin I think, there is a link I will get it for you by dr keton the great on how to down grade the bootloader but I am not sure if it will work or not with triggered knox (I think it should work as what is the use then)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hellmainia

Feb 9, 2012
Delhi
I heard that i cant do ota updates if the knox is tripped, is that true?

You can its only voids warranty from Samsung...
By the in service center they don't check aur complaints regarding this I got my phone repaired 4 to 5 times after tripping knox..☺

smeet.somaiya

Jan 24, 2014
Mumbai
Im on the official 4.3 stock rom. Did the cf auto root and tripped the knox bit.
The thing is in TWRP recovery you can nandroid backup of current rom and asked me what to backup featuring bootloader modem efs etc. And can restore back what was backed up before

I was wondering if someone still in 4,1,2 bootloader with rom too can makae nandroid back for us to try to flash with the old bootloader. Maybe we can overwrite the bootloader like nothing happened?

Backup boot option in the recovery generally means the kernel.
Kernels are named boot.img generally.

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I think you can downgrade the bootloader using this.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2089353

However this thread was originally made for 4.1.2 bootloaders. Not sure if it works on knox bootloader.

It uses adb so I guess it should work.

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100

aelsakka

Apr 14, 2014
Hello guys, I am on ine of the latest 4.3 bootloaders, I searched for how to downgrade the only way was by doc keton using 4.3 mj5 leaked version, but even this did not work cause my smart ass bootloader detected it as an unsupported version too, I simply went to samsung the guys there was very nice they downgraded my phone in 10 min on stock 4.1.2 rom with old bootloader it js like I just boot the phone, so y does not our developers figure this out cause knox is no e-fuse and samsung know how to downgrade it

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hello guys, I am on ine of the latest 4.3 bootloaders, I searched for how to downgrade the only way was by doc keton using 4.3 mj5 leaked version, but even this did not work cause my smart ass bootloader detected it as an unsupported version too, I simply went to samsung the guys there was very nice they downgraded my phone in 10 min on stock 4.1.2 rom with old bootloader it js like I just boot the phone, so y does not our developers figure this out cause knox is no e-fuse and samsung know how to downgrade it

1. Doc keton?
2. The knox security is a multi layer security. Though perhaps it is a software instead of efuse, it won't be as easy as flip ur palms.
3. Samsung may easily boot back ur phone, coz they have the tools (either software/hardware). So, it might look easy on u / whoever have experienced the same thing like u.
4. The dev here most of them are part time d3vs who just do this for hobbies on their spare time. And there's a bounty thread for this knox. My last read is around $3.1, and unclaimed.
5. Be patient mate.
:)

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

aelsakka

Apr 14, 2014
1. Doc keton?
2. The knox security is a multi layer security. Though perhaps it is a software instead of efuse, it won't be as easy as flip ur palms.
3. Samsung may easily boot back ur phone, coz they have the tools (either software/hardware). So, it might look easy on u / whoever have experienced the same thing like u.
4. The dev here most of them are part time d3vs who just do this for hobbies on their spare time. And there's a bounty thread for this knox. My last read is around $3.1, and unclaimed.
5. Be patient mate.
:)

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

I meant dr ketan sorry :) am not rushing our great developers here they are doing enough already, I already got mine done, I also to confirm on the dear members here that it is doable and it is only software not efuse, so we should get it eventually.

Thanks for your time mate.