Low internal storage !!!

Search This thread

adi_tya89

Jul 1, 2010
NEW DELHI
hi guys ,

i have a 16 gb sandisk class 4 sdhc card and currently i am using rom HYPERDROID GBX V12 by pongster .

before installing the rom through clockwork mod recovery , i partitioned the sd card with 1024 size and 0 swap size.

but my internal storage is only showing 257 Mb

and after installing a few apps, my internal storage has become low ,

is there any way to virtually increase the internal storage by utilising the SD card storage???

can this be done without formatting the phone or the ROM ,ie.,without losing data ??

:confused::confused::confused:HELP APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU.

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
You could partition your sd card, adding an ext2,3 or 4 partition and install DarkTremor's A2SD script. Then your apps will be installed into your ext partition on your card instead of in your phone's memory. And using the A2SD GUI app from the Android market, you can put your dalvik-cache to the partition, and do some other cool stuff. If you cant find DT's A2SD script by searching for it, I can attach the working version that I have to this post when I get home.

Edit: Attached a good working version. Flash it via CWM, after you allocate an ext4 partition (1 gb is a good size) on your sd card.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Attachments

• dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta03-signed.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:

adi_tya89

Jul 1, 2010
NEW DELHI
How to partition sd card using ext 2/3/4 partirion??

How to allocate an ext 4 partition ??

And more precisely i wanted to know weather i can actually increase my phones internal storage??

Sent from my HD2 using XDA App

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
How to partition sd card using ext 2/3/4 partirion??

How to allocate an ext 4 partition ??

And more precisely i wanted to know weather i can actually increase my phones internal storage??

1. In CWM Recovery, under 'Advanced', theres an option to partition your sd card.
2. By partitioning your card, you are allocating an amount of space to be used as an ext2/3/4 partition. Doesn't really matter which you use, but ext4 is said to give the best performance. I'm pretty sure CWM creates an ext4.
3.By moving all your installed apps to the sd partition, you are freeing up internal storage in your phone. I have hundreds of apps installed, my phone has 650mb internal storage available, runs smooth as butter, and I still have half of my 1gb partition free.

adi_tya89

Jul 1, 2010
NEW DELHI
Thanks i did the partition and installed an app called " modinstall" by mskip and now all my apps by default install in sd card

But why is my internall storage only 270 mb by default without any apps in it??

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
Do you have a EU HD2, or a TMOUS one? The European ones have far less ROM space. You could try a smaller system partition by modifying the flash.cfg file in the folder which you flash CWM from, just do a nandroid backup in CWM first, then restore it into your new smaller system partition after re-flashing CWM with the smaller system partition. I wouldn't go any smaller than 150 mb for a non-Sense ROM, if you go too small then your ROM won't boot up, or will have too little room to run comfortably. But too large a system partition will just waste internal storage space.

But if all your apps are getting installed to your partition by default, 200+ mb is more than enough internal storage for your phone to run nice and smooth. But that's also why I recommend DT's A2SD script, because not only does it move all your apps to the partition, but your dalvik-cache too (anywhere from 30-75 mb) and with the A2SD GUI app, it's easy to do more to make your phone run smooth, like enabling zipalign at bootup.

adi_tya89

Jul 1, 2010
NEW DELHI
I have an EU hd2 now i hav installed the zip file of apps2sd u hav attatched in ur reply

I hav downloaded an application apps 2 sd from market to move phone apps to sd ut the only issue is that

Now after moving to sd , a few apps like angry birds, glow hockey and many other games or apps give an error and force closes but when these apps are moved back to phone they run smoothly !!

Why is that that these few apps are not running in sd card???

adi_tya89

Jul 1, 2010
NEW DELHI
Though my apps are getting installed in sd card by default but many of the apps do not run unless they are moved to phone's memory !!!

Is there any solution???

I really prefer this method by which my apps are installing in sd card by default but how can i avoid the force close errors in some of the apps ??? Eg - angry birds

Thank you