Call volume very low - fixes?

Search This thread

dogiedogie

Mar 25, 2010
Current info:
N1 from Jan 2010.
kernel 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-01505-g81b03a8 share@toxygene#1

CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-N1

I'm not sure if I've uninstalled something but the in call volume has got so low I can barely make out people in conversations. The volume up/down is maxed but its still not loud enough.

Do you experienced people think this is caused by a physical fault, me removing/stopping some previous volume boosting service integrated to the ROM, or is there any form of fix? I've tried the basic applications on the market but they crash as soon as a call starts.

Thanks!

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
Current info:
N1 from Jan 2010.
kernel 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-01505-g81b03a8 share@toxygene#1

CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC1-N1

I'm not sure if I've uninstalled something but the in call volume has got so low I can barely make out people in conversations. The volume up/down is maxed but its still not loud enough.

Do you experienced people think this is caused by a physical fault, me removing/stopping some previous volume boosting service integrated to the ROM, or is there any form of fix? I've tried the basic applications on the market but they crash as soon as a call starts.

Thanks!
Try to flash a standalone kernel. Look for it in the development thread.

dogiedogie

Mar 25, 2010
Thanks.

I flashed to 7.2.0 which gave me a fresh kernel. Call volume seems a bit louder but not much and could still do with more :/

CrustyMcLovin

May 16, 2012
Orange County, CA
I had identical issue with my N1 running CM7.2 RC2, in-call volume just way too low. Resolved by flashing the latest Tiamat N1 kernel. The one I tried was Tiamat_N1-v4.1.0 and you can download from tiamat-dev.com

Do a nandroid backup first so you can backout if something isn't right.

Reactions: britoso

justfcit

Dec 8, 2013
After messing around with the millions of apps claiming to boost volume, finally found this forum post and updated my kernel to fix the issue. Even Volume+ app support section admits they can't make any changes to in call volume because of kernel limitations.

I was confused with kernel to use from intersectRaven but had great success with the Tiamat kernel posted above.

N1 running 7.2 Cyanogenmod

Thanks guys!:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had identical issue with my N1 running CM7.2 RC2, in-call volume just way too low. Resolved by flashing the latest Tiamat N1 kernel. The one I tried was Tiamat_N1-v4.1.0 and you can download from tiamat-dev.com

Do a nandroid backup first so you can backout if something isn't right.