Qcell 3850mah battery tests!

Search This thread

Juicy555

Mar 9, 2011
Got this battery today and decided to show it off because I haven't seen too many threads about it.

Review:
So far I can already tell the battery life is much better. I was messing around with some apps with wifi on for 20-30 minutes and the battery was still at 97%. I am running Nexus 4 rom with a overclocked cpu 1.73ghz and a overclocked gpu with about 50% brightness. The bludge on the back isnt as thick as I thought it was and barley adds any bulk... only problem with it is the back cover that comes with it is very bad quality and has cracks on it that are going to break if i try to take it off lol... But for 20$ its still a great deal, and im getting the sedio case which will work on it! Pics coming tomorrow on that so check back...

I used the app "Juice Offender" to drain the battery as fast as possible to calibrate it.

The app is advertised to drain 1%/minute on the average android phone... So far I have been running this app non-stop for 2 hours now and the battery is at 55%.

with the normal battery at 1%/minute the phone would have been dead after 100 minutes, or 1 hour 40 minutes... with the extended battery its still 20 minutes after the normal battery would have died and keeping a good 55%, which means even when its not calibrated it keeps its 3850mah rating which is 2x the capacity of the original battery!

Again this is the pic after 2 hours running "Juice offender , which turns the brightness to 100%, wifi on, constantly vibrating, max cpu load ( overclocked ), location services on, camera flash on, and bluetooth on.
SC20120412_010617.png

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I am not very impressed with this bat yet

Hello I also have this battery and do not feel impressed - the device does not last thru one day even. Have run this about 2 days now.

I am running Collective ICS - do not have over clocking - and the screen is also not set to bright.

I wonder if the low cost battery is any good.

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Hello I also have this battery and do not feel impressed - the device does not last thru one day even. Have run this about 2 days now.

I am running Collective ICS - do not have over clocking - and the screen is also not set to bright.

They are never as good as an oem. Do yourself a favor and get the nexus extended battery while they're still on sale

Reactions: badrsj

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
Woah so juice defender is bad?

Sent from my awesome Hercules
thank me.. please

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Ok I used to be an avid juice defender user, however it defends juice by shutting off networks and making smart phone dumb phone.
I stopped when the app juice defender was unable to restore my network connections this happened several times unfortunately, so I had to stop using my paid version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
apart from low cost this battery is a dud. I'm moving off when my seidio battery arrives. Also not following this post anymore. Have a good one you all. :)

Juicy555

Mar 9, 2011
apart from low cost this battery is a dud. I'm moving off when my seidio battery arrives. Also not following this post anymore. Have a good one you all. :)

Same, I ended up having to return this battery, the back completely snapped in half while trying to take it off for the first time >.>

tiger12490

Feb 28, 2012
i've had the seidio for a few months now and I love it i'm a heavy user constantly on my phone and it easily last me through the day don't buy crap batteries.....also getting a given extended battery will post a little head to head

Tapd on my Skyrocket

Rayg1022

Aug 27, 2011
Ok I used to be an avid juice defender user, however it defends juice by shutting off networks and making smart phone dumb phone.
I stopped when the app juice defender was unable to restore my network connections this happened several times unfortunately, so I had to stop using my paid version.

I use juice defender... whats the diffrence between that and the juice offender? I only have the FREE juice defender. Are you saying its no good? if so what else saves ur battery?

hd2k10

Oct 1, 2010
I use juice defender... whats the diffrence between that and the juice offender? I only have the FREE juice defender. Are you saying its no good? if so what else saves ur battery?

Juice Defender = Saves battery by controlling radio and brightness amongst other functions of the phone

Juice Offender = Kills the battery intentionally by maxing everything out on the phone for performance/endurance tests.

bamboo1234

Nov 29, 2010
Using Qcell battery and stock battery at same time

I am using Qcell battery and stock battery at the same time. I don't see the difference at all. Should I use only qcell battery?

Kenneth.Torres

Jan 16, 2012
Mo Hill
I am using Qcell battery and stock battery at the same time. I don't see the difference at all. Should I use only qcell battery?

Use the qcell for a week only and break it in, you need to calibrate it. But I have noticed a much improvement in battery life, both in screen on and standby time. 15 hours the second day with 4-5 hours screen on. I could not even get 2 hours screen on, on stock battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

They are never as good as an oem. Do yourself a favor and get the nexus extended battery while they're still on sale