Galaxy S3 Mini will get KITKAT!!!

Search This thread

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad
Just tryin' to connect the dots:

1. STE (the company that made the NovaThor processor) is out of business so it is really hard to get some drivers code to be released or licensed
2. Samsung was considering updating s3mini (aka golden) to 4.4 KitKat
3. Macław studio already released some 4.4 roms for s3mini

please correct me if I'm wrong with these (or the following) assumptions

- Samsung considered the update and since they wouldn't probably get support from STE they decided against it.
- it is indeed possible to get some support from STE: obviously in an unofficial way: leaks, etc. but I think this is really unlikely

Now there's the part I cannot get:
Is it necessary to have any new file released to build 4.4 for s3mini? If so, how could Macław studio release such a rom? If not why couldn't Samsung (even with support from Macław studio) proceed by itself?

Do we really have to think that Samsung has less resources than Macław studio, however good it is?

Hey dude its the problem with touchwiz integration and don't blame Samsung and maclaw ported cm nicely doesn't mean that Sammy doesn't have resources its like complications while update if it released KitKat in hurry like s3 ( u know it right bugs until k6 update which resulted in loss of many features)

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I don't think the S3 mini will ever have an update to a newer version of Android.
From where did this website get this information?
Why is the big S3 not on the list?
I don't believe the S3 mini will get 4.4 earlier than S3.

An update to 4.4 would be nice, but I don't think S3 mini users will get it.

I think u r a poor news reader its just testing a build and of course s3 will be the first one to get kat

sonoboy

Dec 26, 2013
Hi, I'm new to this forum and just trying to get as much assistance as I can. Has anyone tried this as yet? As I'm new I am unable to post the link properly. I hope the admins permit me to post this as is.

au.ibtimes.com/articles/531714/20131224/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-android-4.htm#.Urw6dPsswSk

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad
Hi, I'm new to this forum and just trying to get as much assistance as I can. Has anyone tried this as yet? As I'm new I am unable to post the link properly. I hope the admins permit me to post this as is.

au.ibtimes.com/articles/531714/20131224/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-android-4.htm#.Urw6dPsswSk

Hello welcome to xda , you must read the rules properly and post carefully

and im not too old here but ive learned little

the post u are asking is cm 11 by maclaw (it can be found at maclaw.pl) to do this u need to know how to flash a mod and rooting and stuff

if u know it pardon me or else there are lot of tutorials here the best thing is do it urself never ask until you cant do it or learn it

if u have to ask pm me i got lots of free time

nico331999

Jan 13, 2013
Visit maclaw.pl :) I dont make adverts, because I have always the latest cm11 with KitKat and nearly every day there is an update for each Rom. There is aosp, cm11/10, PAC Android, Olivers custom cm, aokp and more. As said its not an ad, its only a recommend because they work VERY hard for s3 mini unofficial roms.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

E

everreadybattery

I e-mailed Samsung again. They told me that last official version is 4.1.2 and there are no news about any update.. :( I don't think that we will get kitkat :(

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

E

everreadybattery

Post their answer here please

GXGOW

Apr 4, 2012
East Flanders Best Flanders
I don't have the patience to wait for Samsung to finally update their cheaper devices. That's one of the reasons why I've rooted my phone.

Sent from my GT-I8190 MaclawStudio CM 11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wtx1033

infurnius

Jan 2, 2014
Well, I also sent an email to Samsung and I finally got an answer.

Dank u voor uw e-mail met betrekking tot uw Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini. U geeft aan dat u wilt weten wanneer de volgende update uitkomt en welke versie dit is.
Graag had ik u dit verteld, echter hebben wij geen informatie over updates meneer. Deze worden ons ook zeer kort van tevoren bekend gemaakt en dit is over de SIII Mini nog niet bekendgemaakt. Daarom kan ik u nu niets met zekerheid aangeven. Ik hoop u hiermee voldoende geinformeerd te hebben en wens u nog een hele fijne zondag.
Heeft u nog vragen dan kunt u altijd contact opnemen met ons Contact Center. Dit kan telefonisch, via e-mail of via de live chat op onze website.
Met vriendelijke groet,
Huseyin Tas

And here you go in English (I used Google translate :D)

Thank you for your email regarding your Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini. You indicate that you want to know when the next update comes out and what version it is.
I would have told you this, but we have no information about updates, sir. These are also very shortly be announced ahead of time and this is not yet published on the SIII Mini.

Oh and I only translated the part you needed, the rest is about how to contact Samsung, I hope this helped.

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad
Well, I also sent an email to Samsung and I finally got an answer.

Dank u voor uw e-mail met betrekking tot uw Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini. U geeft aan dat u wilt weten wanneer de volgende update uitkomt en welke versie dit is.
Graag had ik u dit verteld, echter hebben wij geen informatie over updates meneer. Deze worden ons ook zeer kort van tevoren bekend gemaakt en dit is over de SIII Mini nog niet bekendgemaakt. Daarom kan ik u nu niets met zekerheid aangeven. Ik hoop u hiermee voldoende geinformeerd te hebben en wens u nog een hele fijne zondag.
Heeft u nog vragen dan kunt u altijd contact opnemen met ons Contact Center. Dit kan telefonisch, via e-mail of via de live chat op onze website.
Met vriendelijke groet,
Huseyin Tas

And here you go in English (I used Google translate :D)

Thank you for your email regarding your Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini. You indicate that you want to know when the next update comes out and what version it is.
I would have told you this, but we have no information about updates, sir. These are also very shortly be announced ahead of time and this is not yet published on the SIII Mini.

Oh and I only translated the part you needed, the rest is about how to contact Samsung, I hope this helped.

I think we are done with samsung as we have only 5 months of update service
by Gods grace we have maclaw

Reactions: wtx1033

stenc55

Mar 12, 2010
People, you can forget about Samsung developing and releasing KitKat for 3mini. Remember SGS1? It didn't get official ICS because (their reply to my mail) "HW in SGS1 is not capable of running ICS." They didn't care that in that time ICS was working on that phone way better than GB...

It's their policy. You have flagship current SGS4 and SGS4 mini, future that everyone is expecting (SGS5, announced) and obsolete in their eyes (SGS3 mini).
If they upgrade SGS3 mini, they will lose about 1/3 of potential buyers that would go for SGS5. They don't want that people stick to "old" stuff, there is no profit in that. Remember SGS1 again? That piece of magnificence (best phone ever build by Samsung) is running KitKat! So all those people still on SGS1 are lost cause for Samsung's profit. According to Samsung they should buy SGS2, SGS3, SGS4 and in 4 months SGS5 and not stick for the same phone 4 years.

As I said, if you have same phone in your pocket more than 1 year, Samsung ( and any other manufacturer, be honest about that) is treating you as lost investment. By not updating second generation phones (and tabs) they will get a lot of people to buy new, better, updated blahblah phone, and when that new, better, updated phone will be second generation they will forget about it again, like they did for SGS3 mini. That's market's, focused only on profit, reality.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but you already knew that.

infurnius

Jan 2, 2014
People, you can forget about Samsung developing and releasing KitKat for 3mini. Remember SGS1? It didn't get official ICS because (their reply to my mail) "HW in SGS1 is not capable of running ICS." They didn't care that in that time ICS was working on that phone way better than GB...

It's their policy. You have flagship current SGS4 and SGS4 mini, future that everyone is expecting (SGS5, announced) and obsolete in their eyes (SGS3 mini).
If they upgrade SGS3 mini, they will lose about 1/3 of potential buyers that would go for SGS5. They don't want that people stick to "old" stuff, there is no profit in that. Remember SGS1 again? That piece of magnificence (best phone ever build by Samsung) is running KitKat! So all those people still on SGS1 are lost cause for Samsung's profit. According to Samsung they should buy SGS2, SGS3, SGS4 and in 4 months SGS5 and not stick for the same phone 4 years.

As I said, if you have same phone in your pocket more than 1 year, Samsung ( and any other manufacturer, be honest about that) is treating you as lost investment. By not updating second generation phones (and tabs) they will get a lot of people to buy new, better, updated blahblah phone, and when that new, better, updated phone will be second generation they will forget about it again, like they did for SGS3 mini. That's market's, focused only on profit, reality.

I still have hope that they update the software to KitKat, I think they won't do it in the next 6 months or so, but after that, what do they've got to lose? There are still people who want a low budget phone and if they see that SGS3 mini is still getting updates, the phone will probably get popular among some people.

Either way, I was looking at the price again and I saw that it has raised in price, I bought mine 2 months ago for 219,- euro, and now it is in the same store for 250,- euro! So the phone is increasing it's popularity I think.

(sorry for my English :eek:)

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6

...I`m afraid you are complitly right...
m.

E

everreadybattery

Yes but now they will lose the people who bought s3 mini and they were disappointed by the lack of updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're a Galaxy S3 Mini user and really want to get Kitkat on your phone then your in luck! I saw an article about Samsung updated their Linux Kernel which is optimized for low memory or low spec phones!
    READ THE ARTICLE HERE:
    http://www.sidhtech.com/news/android-44-kitkat-update-roadmap-phones-list/10019827/
    What nonsense :)
    Maclaw doesn't have one stable release that will run without any issues.
    m.

STE doesn't exists anymore. So there's no producer support for our board anymore. Samsung would have to make whole, realy whole, from the beggining. They don't have any reason to spend money to develop for "cheap" devices. So sorry guys, don't get excited. I don't think so it'll happen. Similar news was published about 4.2.2. Did we received official 4.2? Nope ;)