Connecting Touch to amplifier<speakers>

Search This thread

samratisking

Aug 7, 2007
Hi frds,

I wud like to know whether TOUCH can be connected to amplifier with speakers(music system) to enjoy songs????? If so pls tell me the specification of cables & converters(if needed) that should be used..pls help me guys...Thanq!!!!!!!!!!TC BYEEEEE

Biffert

May 11, 2006
There are connectors available that go from USB (Your Touch output connector) to 3,5 mm jack (Most common for headphones etc). The 3,5 mm jack can easily be connected to R and L composit cables that plug into most amps :)

Touch to more common output:
k4mobile_convert_stand_1_p1.jpg

Jack to amp:
6072.jpg

Good luck :)

samratisking

Aug 7, 2007
Where can i get these connectors in Bangalore, India?

Hi Thank you sooooo much for showing me the pics. Where can i find these in Bangalore? Is there any code or measurement for our Touch USB port??? Plsss help me byeeeee

Biffert

May 11, 2006
Hi Thank you sooooo much for showing me the pics. Where can i find these in Bangalore? Is there any code or measurement for our Touch USB port??? Plsss help me byeeeee

Your local Hifi shop should have the composit cables, the USB to Jack i'm not sure. Here in holland is available of the internet.

grypho

Jan 17, 2007
does anyone know if the brando craddle for htc touch outputs audio too through the back usb port?

peter@g-force.be

Oct 21, 2007
You can mod the supplied USB headset and convert them to a 3.5 mm audio jack... I've done this, takes about 15minutes. Use it to connect my HTC Touch to mu Ipod Hifi amp speakers. I can now stream my 20gb music database via upnp and wifi from my Windows Media Center machine to my HTC Touch and Ipod Hifi...

b148517.jpg

Step one: open the little microphone/answer button casing, have no fear it clicks open when you put a little screwdriver at the side where the volume wheel is. loosen the wires, and take the little board out.

Step two: de-solder the four headphone wires. the solder points are marked so easy enough for later. two ground (-) wires on the one side, two signal (+) wires on the other side. remove the headphone wires.

Step three: enter the cable from your audio jack through the whole in the casing, re-solder the wires. remember base = ground = black cable, middle = white = right signal, top = red = left signal. you only have to use one of the ground solder points because a 3.5 mm audo cable has only three cables.

Step four: test and reassemble carefully. click the cover back on.
Step five: sit back and enjoy!

Hope this helps.
Peter :)

ipod_hifi.jpg

sprecker

Mar 4, 2008
Another way to rig a 3.5mm stereo connection.

You can mod the supplied USB headset and convert them to a 3.5 mm audio jack... I've done this, takes about 15minutes. Use it to connect my HTC Touch to mu Ipod Hifi amp speakers. I can now stream my 20gb music database via upnp and wifi from my Windows Media Center machine to my HTC Touch and Ipod Hifi...

Step one: open the little microphone/answer button casing, have no fear it clicks open when you put a little screwdriver at the side where the volume wheel is. loosen the wires, and take the little board out.

Step two: de-solder the four headphone wires. the solder points are marked so easy enough for later. two ground (-) wires on the one side, two signal (+) wires on the other side. remove the headphone wires.

Step three: enter the cable from your audio jack through the whole in the casing, re-solder the wires. remember base = ground = black cable, middle = white = right signal, top = red = left signal. you only have to use one of the ground solder points because a 3.5 mm audo cable has only three cables.

Hope this helps.
Peter :)

Sorry to bump and old thread, being my first post and all. :) New member long time reader.

You can also just splice the earbud wires if you don't have a soldering iron around or to lazy to do it "properly" ie. Myself :). You do lose the earbuds and a little finess but the end product is the same. You also have to heat the wires so the shielding comes off before you can get the signal to pass through the twisted wires (I used a lighter). After that, elect. tape it up. Remembering to shield each group seperately before you seal it all up of course. Plug in desired 3.5mm connection and enjoy.
Took me about 6 min. Mind you my job will hardly have the visual quality of Peter's job. I just didn't have the tools at hand but I did follow his guide.
Thanks Peter.

Last edited:

appoos

Dec 4, 2007
Philadelphia

aftr alll this...we will hav cable with audio jack at one end and mini USB at other????
then hw can we use it again as earphone?:( right?

sprecker

Mar 4, 2008
Yes you will. Just reverse the procedure to get the earbuds back on or just plug some into the "new" adapter.