Some questions about the TF701

Search This thread

MADCastro

Jan 20, 2011
Hello everyone! I am interested in buying a TF701T and i would like to make some questions:

1) Am i able to use USB Joypads on it and apps like Tincore Keymapper?

2) I saw this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594194) and i would like to know if i am able to read office documents properly in 800p? (Yes, i will root my device) Am i able to play newer games in 1200p? Do i can use HDMI Cables on these resolutions?

3) Am i able to use certain peripherals, like USB Mouse, USB Keyboard, USB HUB (anyone can suggest me one with good speed?), USB 3G Modem?, USB Sticks and USB Memory card readers?

4) Am i able to use 128GB SD Card on the dock?

5) Am i able to use GLTools on it (I know it needs root)?

6) Any physical shop i can buy it (traveling to the USA on the next weeks) with the dock?

7) Is there some 128GB Micro SD card for use it on the tab?

8) The Dock Keyboard Layout is US-International?

9) The OS supports any other languages than US English?

10) What is the best custom rom so far?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello everyone! I am interested in buying a TF701T and i would like to make some questions:

2) I saw this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594194) and i would like to know if i am able to read office documents properly in 800p? (Yes, i will root my device) Am i able to play newer games in 1200p? Do i can use HDMI Cables on these resolutions?

3) Am i able to use certain peripherals, like USB Mouse, USB Keyboard, USB HUB (anyone can suggest me one with good speed?), USB 3G Modem?, USB Sticks and USB Memory card readers?

6) Any physical shop i can buy it (traveling to the USA on the next weeks) with the dock?

1) USB joypads work but I don't know about that one in particular but certainly my logitech, xbox and I hear PS3 controllers work.

2) The lower the res the more blurry i becomes..... Typically you scale the dpi to match the res so that things don't become too small. It's hard to explain without demonstrating it but it's a bit like changing the res on a PC to higher or lower and then adjusting the font sizes to compensate if needed.

3) Most common USB Peripherals work so hard drive, usb stick, mouse and keyboard definitely. 3G USB Modem - use a MiFi instead as I don't think the kernel contains the native drivers for those.

4) No idea but theoretically it should support one

5) What is it?

6) Don't know - not in the US

7) Don't know - do know they are expensive - 2x 64GB much cheaper?

8) If you buy it in the US it will be US layout

9) Yes - 30+ languages supported

10) Mine ;) CROMi-X :)

Reactions: pelago

MADCastro

Jan 20, 2011
1) USB joypads work but I don't know about that one in particular but certainly my logitech, xbox and I hear PS3 controllers work.

2) The lower the res the more blurry i becomes..... Typically you scale the dpi to match the res so that things don't become too small. It's hard to explain without demonstrating it but it's a bit like changing the res on a PC to higher or lower and then adjusting the font sizes to compensate if needed.

3) Most common USB Peripherals work so hard drive, usb stick, mouse and keyboard definitely. 3G USB Modem - use a MiFi instead as I don't think the kernel contains the native drivers for those.

5) What is it?

1) Nice. Because i'm very bad with using touchscreen.

3) Don't you mean WiFi?

4) Does the dock supports MicroSD/SD adapter like the ones Kingston and SanDisk sells, so i can use two 2x64 MicroSD cards?

5) GLtools is an GPU driver similar to the Discontinued Chainfire3D. But for Newest versions like Jelly Bean and KitKat.

8) Right. Some kind of app to modify the keyboard layout?

9) Supports Brazilian Portuguese or European Portuguese? (Not obligatory to me. I learned english by myself)

10) Your rom looks awesome!!! Is it optimized for newer games? I'd like to play GTA SA, Construction Simulator 2014 and GT Racing 2 on medium settings.

Sent from my GT-S7562L using xda app-developers app

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
1) Nice. Because i'm very bad with using touchscreen.

3) Don't you mean WiFi?

4) Does the dock supports MicroSD/SD adapter like the ones Kingston and SanDisk sells, so i can use two 2x64 MicroSD cards?

5) GLtools is an GPU driver similar to the Discontinued Chainfire3D. But for Newest versions like Jelly Bean and KitKat.

8) Right. Some kind of app to modify the keyboard layout?

9) Supports Brazilian Portuguese or European Portuguese? (Not obligatory to me. I learned english by myself)

10) Your rom looks awesome!!! Is it optimized for newer games? I'd like to play GTA SA, Construction Simulator 2014 and GT Racing 2 on medium settings.

No I mean a MiFi - do other countries not have these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiFi

MADCastro

Jan 20, 2011
Brazil doesn't. What about the other questions i asked you?

MADCastro

Jan 20, 2011
There are more questions i want to ask.

*Does the rooted device suports foldermount or something similar that allows App data/obb on SD?
*I have heard the device's native resolution is bad for gaming. Is it true?
*Does it support printhand with usb printers?
*Any plans for KitKat on this device?
*How long the battery last in games,With and without the dock?

MADCastro

Jan 20, 2011
Sorry for double posting (i can't edit my posts for some reason) but i also would like to know if i'm able to use BT keyboard and mouse simultaneously.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
There are more questions i want to ask.

*Does the rooted device suports foldermount or something similar that allows App data/obb on SD?
*I have heard the device's native resolution is bad for gaming. Is it true?
*Does it support printhand with usb printers?
*Any plans for KitKat on this device?
*How long the battery last in games,With and without the dock?

Sorry for double posting (i can't edit my posts for some reason) but i also would like to know if i'm able to use BT keyboard and mouse simultaneously.

1. Not without kernel edits - so currently no
2. Res is fine but with custom rom or root you can decrease the res if you *need* to
3. I can print using wifi print apps
4. kitkat is out with custom roms and cm11 base
5. 5 to 6 hours if you are using it heavy - maybe 9 to 10 with the dock
6. no idea but should work

pachi72

Nov 18, 2008
Miami

Get a Moga pro controller. Works fine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5) What is it?