WM6 German Keyboard (Space to change a ->ä)

Search This thread

gerard69

Dec 30, 2006
near Bern
Help needed :)

Using VW6 (Vanilla) on a Germen Hermes. Hardware Keyboard works fine except the space key to change a -> ä, u ->è etc.

Does anybody solved this issue ?

Didn't found any solution on the forum.

Thx

futureshock

Aug 16, 2006
Graz
www.futureshock.at
hi don't know if this work in wm6 ... i have made it in aku33 test (englisch too) and it works...

change the reg key in oem/qwerty to 3 at the end (dec.)

also look in the wiki there are more things explained...

G

GuestD1000

You can try to duplicate the file sym.0409.txt in the windows folder and name this new file sym.0407.txt. It worked for me for the french keyboard (sym.040C.txt in french).

shandar

Dec 10, 2006
What Atmis said, I simply modified the sym.0409.txt file in /Windows so I easily could type Swedish characters such as å,ä & ö with a/o + space. You need to copy it over to your computer with active sync, edit the file then move it back.

gerard69

Dec 30, 2006
near Bern
What Atmis said, I simply modified the sym.0409.txt file in /Windows so I easily could type Swedish characters such as å,ä & ö with a/o + space. You need to copy it over to your computer with active sync, edit the file then move it back.

Already tried to copy the origional sym.409.txt to sym.407.txt (german) but when i press the "blue" space nothing happens.

absahnen

Aug 14, 2006
That's interesting. I had the same issues when upgrading my device to AKU 3.3. After some changing forward backward between English and German Keyboard it suddenly worked.

I also upgraded a second device and I cannot get the space key working to change between the special letters.

I know it does not help but maybe it's an device bug. I will downgrade the device the other device when I can get it back again and see if it works with the original image.

G

GuestD1000

It was working flawlessly for me, I just had to reboot the device after creating the new file.

gerard69

Dec 30, 2006
near Bern
It was working flawlessly for me, I just had to reboot the device after creating the new file.

... After HardReset, installing the "German Input Cab", modifiying sym.0409.txt and a reboot everything is working fine...

Probably some manipulation described in the wiki i made before installing the cab made the changes...

finally it works. thanks to all

ukon

Jan 15, 2009
Ehm. I am not trying to sound stupid or anything. but how do I find this"sym.409.txt"? I would like to change some of the keys into norwegian symbols like æ, ø and å.

I have just heard something about the root folder.
But in that case. where is it, I assume that I am just being blind or something but.

THanks for your help :)

Peter Walker

Aug 1, 2005
Cologne
www.stnv.de
Ehm. I am not trying to sound stupid or anything. but how do I find this"sym.409.txt"? I would like to change some of the keys into norwegian symbols like æ, ø and å.

I have just heard something about the root folder.
But in that case. where is it, I assume that I am just being blind or something but.

THanks for your help :)

Not blind, the file is hidden, at least on my system with Josh Manulla2D.

To see the file in Windows, using File Explorer, click on "Menu/Show All Files".

My problem is that I have made changes for my German keyboard on an English language install, but I cannot replace the file in \Windows. All I get is an Access Denied message.

Anybody know how I can get past this to replace the sym.409.txt file?

Task Manager is installed so surely it must be some service that needs killing to free up the file.

Regards

Peter