[Q] Hard Brick D800 - Please Help! At a loss

Search This thread
Oct 6, 2013
Any help is appreciated! First some background:

Flashed device to stock using KK 4.4 version d80020c following steps found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476. Successfully rooted using directions (and ioroot25) found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKuedInhdjU&noredirect=1.

Here's where I got into trouble...Downloaded TWRP 2.7 recovery img and flashed via Flashify. Since this step, my D800 has the exact same symptoms found on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142.

- No download mode (tried many times)
- No recovery (tried many times also)
- Secure booting error
- LG detected as qhsusb_bulk in device manager
- Device is recognized as 15 different drives, one of which contains a folder named image with 79 different files being .B0X files and Microsoft Access Add-in Data files
- Upon restarting, LG logo with secure booting error, then the screen goes black while your phone is still on

I've followed the steps in the thread that matches my G2's symptoms, run ubuntu 13.1 in VM, apply usb filters for my device which is then recognized as either LG Electonics Inc. QHUSB_BULK or Unknown Device 05C6:9006 when running in VM.
Upon running command ls /dev/sd* in VM Ubuntu Terminal, all that is returned is /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda5 which are the partitions for Ubuntu, no LG.

I've tried to download and update the Qualcomm drivers, device manager tells me that the drivers were recognized, but cannot be installed and do not pass the hash check (Note: PC is running Windows 8.1).

I've spent over 12 hours on this trying to fix this problem, researched and searched everywhere. If I could get ubuntu to recognize the device, I would be able to continue on with the instructions on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142.

Links for windows 8 qualcomm drivers, suggestions on how to get the device recognized in ubuntu vm, experiences from others in similar situation, or any with experience working with LG to get a repair done if I'm SOL (as in eMMC is fried) would be so helpful right now.

Thank you all!

thenorm89

Aug 21, 2012
After flashing recovery did you flash a patched kernel to boot stock kk?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

hm-s

Mar 10, 2014
I had the same, also with a lot of drives etc.
Screen is black but low backlighted?

Then try with pluged USB Cabel in Phone, hold Power button until screen is realy off, then hold the Power Up Button and plug Cabel into PC.
So I got download mode after I tryed many times

daryelv

Oct 11, 2007
Vacaville, CA
I had problems a few weeks ago getting mine to go into Download mode... turned out that the cable I was using was great for charging, but sucked for everything else. Once I switched to a different cable things worked fine and I was able to load D80010c on the device.

I was running D80020c this morning (with the D80010c boot.img to have a custom recovery) and decided to do an update. Since you can't load D80020k if you have the older bootloader I went all the way back to D80010c, updated to D80010o, D80010q, D80020c and finally D80020k. I was able to root that using IOroot and have restored everything back onto my phone.

-Daryel

Oct 6, 2013
Thanks so much for the responses! I've tried endlessly to get the device into download mode, and tried a new cable to no avail. Any other suggestions?

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
The URL you've linked to will help you solve your problem.

So once you power off your device, hold volume down and power till the lg logo shows, then release shortly and hold them again together till the white window with "factory reset appears", you should notice a text behind the white screen it's fine. So right now when you think it's gonna enter recovery mode the screen is gray(not black), now you connect your device to your ubuntu or whichever linux. You will notice the screen repeatelly blinking when linux is trying to automount the partitions. Figure out which device it is according to the messages it throws. (sdc, sdb, sdX)

This way you should proceed according to the instructions on the thread you linked.

d800 partitions are here

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2013
Still no luck

The URL you've linked to will help you solve your problem.

So once you power off your device, hold volume down and power till the lg logo shows, then release shortly and hold them again together till the white window with "factory reset appears", you should notice a text behind the white screen it's fine. So right now when you think it's gonna enter recovery mode the screen is gray(not black), now you connect your device to your ubuntu or whichever linux. You will notice the screen repeatelly blinking when linux is trying to automount the partitions. Figure out which device it is according to the messages it throws. (sdc, sdb, sdX)

This way you should proceed according to the instructions on the thread you linked.

Thanks for your advice.

I got the white screen asking whether or not I want to perform a factory reset. If I choose No, the phone sends me right to the LG Logo with the error screen. If I choose Yes, it does the same thing. If I plug my phone into my computer while on the white screen asking if I want to perform a factory reset, the device isn't recognized and the PC doesn't see it as plugged in or mounted. I'm not sure what you mean by the timing of when I should try to plug in my device. Thanks again for all your help.

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Thanks for your advice.

I got the white screen asking whether or not I want to perform a factory reset. If I choose No, the phone sends me right to the LG Logo with the error screen. If I choose Yes, it does the same thing. If I plug my phone into my computer while on the white screen asking if I want to perform a factory reset, the device isn't recognized and the PC doesn't see it as plugged in or mounted. I'm not sure what you mean by the timing of when I should try to plug in my device. Thanks again for all your help.

As soon as in the background of the white menu (factory reset) the secure boot appear plug it in. I'm not sure how much usb filter helps you(maybe it does) but try installing ubuntu over WUBI installer so your win remains. Or at least try ubuntu from usb stick. So you can know for sure if it's working.

kimtyson

Oct 30, 2006
York, Pa
LeEco Le 2
Hi Sneaky E. I have the same issue you have. I'll be following your thread. If I figure anything out I'll let you know. I am also having an issue getting mine to charge now. Have you tried downgrading your TWRP?

Oct 6, 2013
VirtualBox Error

VirtualBox recognizes the device is plugged in, but won't allow me to push the device for use in linux. I keep getting this error message:

Failed to attach the USB device LG Electronics Inc. QHSUSB__BULK to the virtual machine Ubuntu.

USB device 'LG Electronics Inc. QHSUSB__BULK' with UUID {d8db3712-b86c-4257-a87b-275cef04e5a3} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.

Result Code: E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
Component: HostUSBDevice
Interface: IHostUSBDevice {173b4b44-d268-4334-a00d-b6521c9a740a}
Callee: IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}

I've tried all USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0. I feel like if I can get past this there should be no reason linux can't see the partitions in the phone. Please Help!!!

Oct 6, 2013
Ok so thank you for your help so far. I was able to install Linux on a USB drive and ran the commands and pushed appropriate files from there. I pushed all files including recover.img but the phone will not boot into recovery. Please help!

Thank you!

ambetdelarosa

Mar 18, 2009
Ok so thank you for your help so far. I was able to install Linux on a USB drive and ran the commands and pushed appropriate files from there. I pushed all files including recover.img but the phone will not boot into recovery. Please help!

Thank you!

you are not alone dude. i had the same issue since sunday and i have spent almost 46 hours already trying to restore my LG G2 F320S korean model.

i followed that instruction in linux, everything went well but then I ended up with a phone not going past the LG logo. the screen no longer dims like how it used to with the secure boot fail error. again, it stucked at the LG logo and thats it.

pressing the 3 buttons though for 5 seconds shows a white screen with 3 options and a bar code under.

but all of these options will just take me back to the LG logo.

I went to a phone technician today, and they said the doing a JTAG fix is the only way to resolve the problem because after trying to fix it with linux, it is no longer identified by my PC.

what are your solutions so far?

anyways before this issue came up, i tried to flash TWRP using flashify, it failed. then went back up. tried to update the OS via OTA then thats it.

i home someone could help us out.

Oct 6, 2013
you are not alone dude. i had the same issue since sunday and i have spent almost 46 hours already trying to restore my LG G2 F320S korean model.

i followed that instruction in linux, everything went well but then I ended up with a phone not going past the LG logo. the screen no longer dims like how it used to with the secure boot fail error. again, it stucked at the LG logo and thats it.

pressing the 3 buttons though for 5 seconds shows a white screen with 3 options and a bar code under.

but all of these options will just take me back to the LG logo.

I went to a phone technician today, and they said the doing a JTAG fix is the only way to resolve the problem because after trying to fix it with linux, it is no longer identified by my PC.

what are your solutions so far?

anyways before this issue came up, i tried to flash TWRP using flashify, it failed. then went back up. tried to update the OS via OTA then thats it.

i home someone could help us out.

What are the negatives to doing a JTAG fix?

dr jam

Aug 11, 2014
linux cant recognizy my lg g2 f320L

Thank you!

HI Sneaky elephant........bro I am having the same problem with my lg g2(hard bricked) that its not recognised by Ubuntu...it just shows hssusb-hulk.....no partitions to mount.............
in ur next reply u said that issue solve.....
kindly tell me too that how ur issue resolved...........thanks......

pawel_kd

Oct 18, 2010
Breda
HI Sneaky elephant........bro I am having the same problem with my lg g2(hard bricked) that its not recognised by Ubuntu...it just shows hssusb-hulk.....no partitions to mount.............
in ur next reply u said that issue solve.....
kindly tell me too that how ur issue resolved...........thanks......

The same with me - UP

dr jam

Aug 11, 2014
install ur Ubuntu sing VMware....then partitions will appear.........

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

install ur Ubuntu using VMware......then ur mobile will be recognised and partitions will appear.....