How to Fast Charge N7000

Search This thread

gtsfreak

Jul 27, 2012
LG V60 ThinQ
I'm using a newly bought battery and original charger still my phone take 4 hours to charge full I'm using pa rom even on stock it take 4 hours how to fix it?????:)

Sent from my Galaxy Note using XDA Free mobile app

JulGer01

Jan 17, 2014
Ain't that normal? What's the capacity of the battery?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000

lakshesh96

Jun 17, 2012
There's no official fast charge ROM support available for Galaxy Note.
You can increase the charge speed my optimizing your battery performance. Most Samsung phones take 3-4 hrs for charging depending on the phone state.
Make sure you clear all apps before keeping your phone for charging as any running app can eat up the battery. Look up for any suspicious apps which may be eating up battery.
Use CPU spy to make sure that your phone is going imto deep sleep while charging, if not there's a malicious app which is keeping up the phone awake or there's problem with the ROM you're using.
Also check that your phone is not getting heat up while charging, as it could mean a great power loss which could highly affect the charge time.
If nothing works try changing ROM.
Or at the last case if you are a regular ROM chamger then try to clear up battery stats through some app available from play store which requires root.
One more issue which I once encountered was with my charger cable being faulty( although no signs of physical damage) and I changed it with a locally bought cheap cable and miraculously my phone stopped heating and charged faster.
The more you care for your device, the better it gets.
Hope I have helped you.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lukesan

May 1, 2009
Will try and its stock one 2500 mah

Sent from my Galaxy Note using XDA Free mobile app

I checked my 2 Notes, max current it draws is limited by the charging circuit. Seems no kernel can change that value in the Note.
It charges max at 1 Amp, no matter if you attach it to a charger that can deliver like maybe 1000 Amps, the max current is 1 Amp.

That 1 Amp is also until it reaches about 90% ... since Li-Ion is very picky and actually dangerous when overcharging they slow it down.

It's a statement that I hear often in the wrong context : I bought a new battery and it takes very long to charge. Actually that is a sign that the battery has a big capacity. You can only take what you give.

Of course the charger and cable are very important. I would advice everyone to buy one of those usb charger doctors. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451375
Dirt cheap and you know what is going on.

Jackwu696

Jan 12, 2014
Jakarta City
You can increase the charge speed my optimizing your battery performance. Most Samsung phones take 3-4 hrs for charging depending on the phone state.
Make sure you clear all apps before keeping your phone for charging as any running app can eat up the battery. Look up for any suspicious apps which may be eating up battery.
Use CPU spy to make sure that your phone is going imto deep sleep while charging, if not there's a malicious app which is keeping up the phone awake or there's problem with the ROM you're using.
Also check that your phone is not getting heat up while charging, as it could mean a great power loss which could highly affect the charge time.
Or at the last case if you are a regular ROM chamger then try to clear up battery stats through some app available from play store which requires root.
One more issue which I once encountered was with my charger cable being faulty( although no signs of physical damage) and I changed it with a locally bought cheap cable and miraculously my phone stopped heating and charged faster.
Hope I have helped you.

Just want to correct one thing, your phone will NEVER enter deep sleep during charging.

Reactions: lakshesh96

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hope I have helped you.

Just want to correct one thing, your phone will NEVER enter deep sleep during charging.