Share feature disabled? Serious omission!

Search This thread

hughedee74

Feb 13, 2009
The sharing feature in the gallery app or any other app for that matter of the Gear 2 has been disabled from day 1. I've gone as far as updating the 2 newest firmwares from Samsung update the website and it's missing in those as well. This is a pretty big deal. I would love to send a photo I have taken with my Gear and share it via text or Gmail. Imagine sharing the info that was logged with your pedometer through email. What's going on? Any answers guys?

Guessing I'll have to wait for the modders to take hold of this now that the SDK has been released cause sure seems like Sammy is taking their sweet sweet time with this tease.

....Update: At this time it only let's you share an image with the FB QuickView App. Being that I really don't use FaceBook, it's still kinda useless.

Update: The FB QuickView App is garbage when it comes to the share feature. Tested it and the app just hangs and loops while hoping to get the share thing to work.

Last edited:

taygutta

Aug 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
The sharing feature in the gallery app or any other app for that matter of the Gear 2 has been disabled from day 1. I've gone as far as updating the 2 newest firmwares from Samsung update the website and it's missing in those as well. This is a pretty big deal. I would love to send a photo I have taken with my Gear and share it via text or Gmail. Imagine sharing the info that was logged with your pedometer through email. What's going on? Any answers guys?

Guessing I'll have to wait for the modders to take hold of this now that the SDK has been released cause sure seems like Sammy is taking their sweet sweet time with this tease.

....Update: At this time it only let's you share an image with the FB QuickView App. Being that I really don't use FaceBook, it's still kinda useless.

So thats all its for??

jeffnz

Jul 28, 2011
Auckland
Samsung Galaxy S20
am I missing something here, ok you have to be connected to your phone to send, right, so how hard is it to use phone to send it as it uploads to phone automatically anyway.