[Q] Is there a reason why I should do OTA and upgrade to 4.3/4.4?

Blow 4.1 and go to 4.3?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No, get 4.4

• Sell it as 4.1 on Ebay

• Total voters
Search This thread

Ted A

Aug 8, 2009
I've had my S3 rooted with plain Jane 4.1 for over a year now. Never have any problem, tether works great on unlimited plan, TB Pro works fine. I'm so used to TW it's homey to me.

Is there any good reason why I should do OTA and update to the latest version 4.3 or 4.4? I use tether quite a bit, 10+ GB a month is normal for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-30-12-44-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-30-12-44-29.png
    108 KB · Views: 78

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
I've had my S3 rooted with plain Jane 4.1 for over a year now. Never have any problem, tether works great on unlimited plan, TB Pro works fine. I'm so used to TW it's homey to me.

Is there any good reason why I should do OTA and update to the latest version 4.3 or 4.4? I use tether quite a bit, 10+ GB a month is normal for me.

Since you are on 4.1, you could unlock your bootloader and flash TW based 4.3-4.4 roms made for the old bootloader. Basically the same thing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ShapesBlue

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012

Unless you want a locked bootloader no. It's useful in basically flashing nearly whatever rom you want. I'd upgrade but not via the OTA. You'll lose the unlocked bootloader and the ability to flash custom roms

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI

astonmartin214

Jun 9, 2012
Bowling Green

don't do OTA no ROMS stock on touchwiz 4 ever

Reactions: ShapesBlue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Since you are on 4.1, you could unlock your bootloader and flash TW based 4.3-4.4 roms made for the old bootloader. Basically the same thing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

don't do OTA no ROMS stock on touchwiz 4 ever