[04/23/2012] LapDocks on Ebay for $59.99 |Ended

Search This thread

CaelanT

Apparently my lapdock has been repaired by Motorola and is being delivered today. I still need to find out what the deal with the "B" serial number is, so I'm going to call them after I receive it. There was a special request from the repair team that the escalation team create a RMA number so they could work on it, so it seems they must have identified it as genuine, which I believed it was anyway, but still could not find the serial number anywhere in their systems, and hence the repair team could not create a RMA number themselves.

CaelanT

Got home,and my lapdock was waiting from Motorola repair. I opened the box, plugged my phone in, opened the lapdock lid, and hey presto!.............it works! I believe the problem was the USB port, but will follow up with Motorola next week. (Still need to find out about serial number).

tian105

Mar 11, 2011
Sorry for the noob question guys.
I just bought one for the LOLs.
I think i need to have a blur based rom for the lapdock to work, right?
Ive also heard that you could run full linux on this thing..

how would i go about that?

Also can i use a usb mouse?

thanks in advance

CaelanT

Sorry for the noob question guys.
I just bought one for the LOLs.
I think i need to have a blur based rom for the lapdock to work, right? Yes, if using the stock webtop.
Ive also heard that you could run full linux on this thing.. Yes

how would i go about that? webtop2sd http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1119555

Also can i use a usb mouse? Yes

thanks in advance

//Answered! :)
(Sorry if I don't make sense..........I have drank a few today!)

Reactions: tian105

titusxperia10

Dec 30, 2010
Guadalajara, Jal.
h t t p : / / f o r u m . xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1397583

There you go, been drinking too! (cheers from Guadalajara, Mexico!)

Guess not allowed to post links so that`s why those spaces... anyway you go for it and follow that guide and unleash the true potential of your atrix, please thank of course to every dev involved. Hope to help, cheers!!!

Reactions: tian105

rusreid

Sep 2, 2007
Arkansas
The one I received was dead. Emailed them, and in less than a day had an RMA, wouldn't exchange, probably out...ordered another one from Ben's Outlet. Oh...the one I received from 1daysale was not new...all packaging had been opened and there were fingerprints all over it. The screen wouldn't power up on it. I tried two different phones and it wouldn't work.

CaelanT

The one I received was dead. Emailed them, and in less than a day had an RMA, wouldn't exchange, probably out...ordered another one from Ben's Outlet. Oh...the one I received from 1daysale was not new...all packaging had been opened and there were fingerprints all over it. The screen wouldn't power up on it. I tried two different phones and it wouldn't work.

This is why I went straight to Moto. Had lapdock back in a week fixed with overnight shipping paid for by them both ways. Even with serial number issues they took care if me. My lapdock was new and unopened when I received it from 1saleaday though.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
Ouch...I was thinking more in the 60 dollars range...:D
I'd buy one at that price out of curiosity but I don't really need one.

Top Liked Posts