[APP] Manage accelerometer on SE Xperia X2 with X2AccelerometerUtility

Search This thread

MonsterMash

Mar 4, 2010
Hi everyone,
i made this little application to menage the accelerometer on the SonyEricsson Xperia x2.
As you surely know, on the x2 accelerometer works only for a limited number of applications. And in most device, it's simply disabled at all...

With this app you can:

1) Enable / Disable accelerometer
2) Select the applications you want to rotate using the accelerometer

Soon i hope to add some functions to manage the accelerometer at a deeper level.

The interface is very simple, consider that i made the entire app in 48h... but it works.

Hope someone appreciate it. I did .

Bye.

P.S. I don't know if and how it can work with other devices. Consider that it read and write registry keys that i think are specific for the xperia x2 (HKLM\Services\MultiService\Mods\Rotation\AADRClients\...), so i dubit it can work with other devices.

Attachments

• X2AccelerometerUtility.CAB
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,837
Last edited:

bhalli

May 17, 2010
tasks?

This is a great application you have made for the x2! Much needed and working flawlessly! I have used it to rotate a number of applications on my x2 including notes, messages, adobe, etc. But i havent been able to figure out how to use the accelerometer to rotate TASKS in the X2. When i select tasks.exe (In the X2 Windows folder), exit the accelerometer utility and do a soft reset, it doesnt rotate the screen when I start TASKS. But it works flawlessly in all other applications.
Can you please tell me what i am doing wrong? :confused:

Once again, thanks for creating such a fantastic utility!

Last edited:

bhalli

May 17, 2010
Thanks for your quick reply, i really appreciate this.

Ya i had already included taskmngr.exe in the x2 windows folder, and i did it again after you recommended it, but it still does not rotate when i start TASKS... any other suggestions?

LuckeY-LuckeR

Jun 29, 2009
Yeah got it! Add Windows\shell32.exe to the "rotating programs" and the todayscreen will rotate. The Windows menu also rotates :)

radvincula

Jul 2, 2009
Dear MonsterMash,
Thank you for the great app!! Your Amazing.. On another note, I accidentaly changed the path of the SMS. Now I cannot find it. Can you tell me where I can locate the sms? It will also be great if you can also advise the location for the phonebook and dialer..
Cheers.

duo_m

Aug 28, 2009
Los Banos
incredible app. i was wondering if anybody knows the .exe file for the home and applications screen.

microsoft and sony ericsson/sony mobile should incorporate your app into their kernel!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    i made this little application to menage the accelerometer on the SonyEricsson Xperia x2.
    As you surely know, on the x2 accelerometer works only for a limited number of applications. And in most device, it's simply disabled at all...

With this app you can:

1) Enable / Disable accelerometer
    2) Select the applications you want to rotate using the accelerometer

Soon i hope to add some functions to manage the accelerometer at a deeper level.

The interface is very simple, consider that i made the entire app in 48h... but it works.

Hope someone appreciate it. I did .

Bye.

P.S. I don't know if and how it can work with other devices. Consider that it read and write registry keys that i think are specific for the xperia x2 (HKLM\Services\MultiService\Mods\Rotation\AADRClients\...), so i dubit it can work with other devices.