Odex custom system app

Search This thread

intelprakash

Jul 7, 2012
Tamilnadu
prakashmuthuraj.tk
Hi, I searched everywhere in the forum but I didn't get any clear answer to my question, So I'm creating a new thread. My problem is I've installed elementaryUX 1.8 ROM (from HERE) Which is GREAT! and fully odexed ( I guess, coz I see .odex file next to every file in \system\app). But I don't like some apps (like next browser instead of stock one) that come with the ROM so I uninstalled it and I replaced with another app (stock browser app from another ROM) which is not odexed. Now I want to odex the app I installed in system. I tried this This but it din't work. now is there any way to odex only specific app in system?

P.S : I'm not a developer, I don't know how to compile or decompile packages

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
May I ask what's the error after running Universal Odex Script ?

arpitkh96

Feb 17, 2012
panipat
Use Dexo -sys. It will ignore odexed apps and will odex other apps

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

intelprakash

Jul 7, 2012
Tamilnadu
prakashmuthuraj.tk
Thank you

Use Dexo -sys. It will ignore odexed apps and will odex other apps

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks mate, it helped. Actually, I completely changed to an non odexed ROM (This) and gave dexo -all command it odexed all of the ROM and the free space in internal memory had increased a lot. After installing GAPPS I again tried to run the command dexo -csa it again failed as before. But when I try dexo -sys command its done. All the apps in system folders are now odexed.