[Help] How to use screen mirroring to non smart tv but with wifi dongle.

Search This thread

bhovoi

Feb 11, 2012
manila
Hi, I just want to ask help on how can I use the screen mirroring of my note 3 to my samsung plasma tv.

This is what I have:
- samsung galaxy note 3 connected to wifi network

- samsung 43inch 3D Plasma TV model: PS43F4900

- WIS12ABGNX Wireless Lan Adaptor
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/tv-av-accessories/tv-accessories/WIS12ABGNX/XEC

I connected my tv on my network via samsung wireless lan adaptor .. but even I am connected on the same network both of my device (tv and note 3) I cant make screen mirroring on my note 3 works... I want to watch my downloaded movie in my tv but how can I do that?

Am I missing something? anybody please help me...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jeanmichel6

Jul 17, 2007
Hi, I just want to ask help on how can I use the screen mirroring of my note 3 to my samsung plasma tv.

This is what I have:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/tv-av-accessories/tv-accessories/WIS12ABGNX/XEC

I connected my tv on my network via samsung wireless lan adaptor .. but even I am connected on the same network both of my device (tv and note 3) I cant make screen mirroring on my note 3 works... I want to watch my downloaded movie in my tv but how can I do that?

you cant do that! your tv doesnt have the drivers to support the wireless lan adaptor... also your wireless Lan adaptor doesnt have some video output like miracast... so... your only option is to buy a chromecast or somenthing like that. :good:

doaneprint

Aug 6, 2014

This is what I have:

You can do it.
first: after mounting the WIS12ABGNX Wireless Lan Adaptor to your tivi, you set Lan connection for it
then you turn on : Nearby Devices (In the setting) from your note and you samsung tivi requests to connect to your phone
then you play a video, and press the "Screen Mirroring" button on the stock video player
then you see 2 options, choose your tivi, and enjoy

siddharthd.rocks

Mar 17, 2015
Hello everyone , my name is Siddharth. I am new to this forum.

I was wondering if I could use Screen Mirroring feature on my Note 3 (SM-N900 , Exynos International model) to stream media wirelessly to a Sony Bravia 42-inch TV (Model: KL V-40S200A) with the help of a Tenda USB WiFi adapter (Model No. W311M).

The TV was brought in February 2008 so it's definitely not a Smart TV or has built-in WiFi. The dongle and was bought in August 2013 to the best of my memory.

It would really help if I could watch photos & videos shot from my phone without connecting those ugly two port MHL or even HDMI cables.