[AlphaRevX] Public Beta 2 for Desire S

Search This thread

ieftm

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 17, 2008
Hi guys,

The day has arrived:

AlphaRevX now includes support for the Desire S (HBOOT 0.98).

Hop on over to http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/

We'll use this as a support thread.

This version will also download and flash custom recovery if you want to, after getting S-OFF.

Note: the very first download missed some DLLs for the windows version, that should be included now.

Note2: There have been some reports (on dinc2) that the windows version might not always work like it should. Please report errors with that as descriptive as possible. The linux version should always work like it should.

kkma1869

Feb 8, 2010
FAILED

Hi there,

I've just tried to S-OFF my european Desire S several times, following the instructions posted for the Incredible S. Alpharevx connects to my phone, reboots to fastboot, waits, reboots to fastboot (again), waits .. then says FAILED.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or there's a problem with the windows version as you reported.

Thanks for the effort any way :)

EDIT: Downloaded the Linux version and it worked. I am now S-OFF :D

Last edited:

taipan_snake

Jul 4, 2009
Hi, AlphaRevX didn't work for me on Windows either, but it succeeded on Linux (Ubuntu 11.04). Anyway, thanks a lot for your effort, AlphaRev team :D

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
@taipan_snake - Could you please guide me on How To S-OFF it on Linux ? I also have a Ubuntu installed. Thanks !

taipan_snake

Jul 4, 2009
@badeaioan:

Well basically these are the steps that worked for me:

1. Download the Android SDK from here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
2. Unzip and go into the folder you just downloaded
3. Run the 'android' application within the 'Tools' folder
4. Select 'Available Packages', and select 'Android SDK Platform-tools' and 'Android Compatibility package', and install these.
5. Make sure ADB can see your device by cd-ing into the SDK folder, and then the 'platform-tools' folder, and running './adb devices'. Your device should show up (mine had a string of question marks, but it should work as long as it is there)
6. Download AlphaRevX and get your beta key
7. Run AlphaRevX as root, and follow the instructions, and you should have S-OFF :D

Hope this helps :)

.sh4d0w.

May 1, 2011
Bucuresti
Sad :( windows version under review
-I tried the incredible version(long time ago :D ),(no SDK used) and it said my phone not suported bla bla, but the fact is that it was detected (with usb debuging on and phone conected in charge only)
one question: Do i need to get temp root for this to work?

Last edited:

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
Finally !!!!! AlpharevX - a software s-off. This is awesome, for s-on guys for obvious reasons, and for s-off guys too. This is surely gonna increase dovelopment here !!!!!

bioan

Jun 1, 2009
Thank you for your response.

The problem starts on running AlphaRevX.

When I open gksu and try to open it, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong ?

taipan_snake

Jul 4, 2009
@badeaioan:

I just used Terminal, cd-ed into the directory, and ran 'sudo ./alpharevx', and it worked for me...

EDIT: I think I now know what you mean... it's only a command-line app, so it would only run from terminal...

Last edited:
Reactions: bioan

chiekurz

Oct 31, 2007
Riga
That's a great news! But question, before I try to S-Off.
Can S-on be restored using RUU after Soffing my device?

I would like to keep some warranty options available after all :)

/Chie

jh787

Dec 15, 2008
Hi

I am new to linux and i am getting a "waiting for device " message when i try to run the linux version.

I have googled to my wits end but can't work out why it is not detecting my phone.

Can anyone shed some light please??

Mental_Atom

Oct 5, 2010
Flitwick
Works perfect from Linux (Ubuntu), and so easy too!

If it isn't working, remember you need to have USB debugging on for ADB to find the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

The day has arrived:

AlphaRevX now includes support for the Desire S (HBOOT 0.98).

Hop on over to http://alpharev.nl/x/beta/

We'll use this as a support thread.

This version will also download and flash custom recovery if you want to, after getting S-OFF.

Note: the very first download missed some DLLs for the windows version, that should be included now.

Note2: There have been some reports (on dinc2) that the windows version might not always work like it should. Please report errors with that as descriptive as possible. The linux version should always work like it should.
    @badeaioan:

Well basically these are the steps that worked for me:

1. Download the Android SDK from here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    2. Unzip and go into the folder you just downloaded
    3. Run the 'android' application within the 'Tools' folder
    4. Select 'Available Packages', and select 'Android SDK Platform-tools' and 'Android Compatibility package', and install these.
    5. Make sure ADB can see your device by cd-ing into the SDK folder, and then the 'platform-tools' folder, and running './adb devices'. Your device should show up (mine had a string of question marks, but it should work as long as it is there)
    6. Download AlphaRevX and get your beta key
    7. Run AlphaRevX as root, and follow the instructions, and you should have S-OFF :D

Hope this helps :)
    In regards to RUU'ing for S-ON:

These hboots are 'downgrade protected'. This is to ensure you don't accidently take an OTA or RUU, overwriting HBOOT, losing S-OFF (and might leave you in an unrootable state).

We will be releasing downgrader HBOOTs for several devices as soon as time permits.

You flash these first, then RUU, and go back to stock S-ON.

TBH: If you immediately want to revert to S-ON, why the hell are you flashing S-OFF in the first place? (except for warranty purposes - hw defects)
    But I'm assuming that won't spontaneously happen 5 minutes after you S-OFF, right? So have some patience. It will be revertable.
    great news for all you s-on´ies :D

hope to see some of you around in my development post for saga lbc mod.

happy rooting, flashing and playing ;)

regards
    Hehe you can use this one here :
    as long as you can request the beta2 key..
    It dont work on dinc2..

Happy FLASHING

Marsdroid

Remove that link. We pulled the windows version for a reason.