[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

lukas.pce

Dec 19, 2008
Yes I send keyboard patch as soon as possible.

But I found next bug in this rom (probably gingerbread related bug) dpad on hw keyboard is reverted because gingerbread revert normal dpad (when i open keyboard) on front panel, but dpad on hw keyboard too (keys on dpad and hw keyboard have same codes)

With testing kernels/whatever on raph I can help.

Now I am working on decompile and edit tscalib.apk/htc calibrate.apk for easy calibration from system with cool apk. (In tp2 forum, its this app but for WVGA resolution)

Some htc android devices using this app too

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Yes I send keyboard patch as soon as possible.

But I found next bug in this rom (probably gingerbread related bug) dpad on hw keyboard is reverted because gingerbread revert normal dpad (when i open keyboard) on front panel, but dpad on hw keyboard too (keys on dpad and hw keyboard have same codes)

With testing kernels/whatever on raph I can help.

Now I am working on decompile and edit tscalib.apk/htc calibrate.apk for easy calibration from system with cool apk. (In tp2 forum, its this app but for WVGA resolution)

Some htc android devices using this app too

Yes, I know that's where we got it :D.

I'm not sure what you mean on the other stuff, but submit patches! They're always welcome. Keep up the good work! ;)

lukas.pce

Dec 19, 2008
The stuff is on qwerty keyboard dpad keys are rotated (on all gingerbread builds, test it ;))

Its because normal dpad (on front panel) has same key codes as qwerty keyboard dpad.

Froyo build not rotating this keys when keyboard slide out, but gingerbread rotate it and this do bad change on qwerty keyboard..

and sorry for my idiot behavior, but i have bad feelings..

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
The stuff is on qwerty keyboard dpad keys are rotated (on all gingerbread builds, test it ;))

Its because normal dpad (on front panel) has same key codes as qwerty keyboard dpad.

Froyo build not rotating this keys when keyboard slide out, but gingerbread rotate it and this do bad change on qwerty keyboard..

and sorry for my idiot behavior, but i have bad feelings..

Bad feelings...?

Not sure what you mean with that, but this description makes a lot more sense. Remember, I don't really have a RAPH, so I can't test this :p. My RHOD has no d-pad, just the arrow keys.

Not sure if this can be easily fixed, but this is trivial IMHO.

prodigyfied

Aug 5, 2007
Kazanlak
www.ModReactor.com
Tested GBX0B 2.3.7 Build on Touch Pro (RAPH120)-

Missing google maps and some other google stuff, available on 2.2

Picasa connection - good, camera takes pictures, video untested
3D performance - not very good, very fast navigation through the menu though!
Tried installing Fennec and Google Maps via web page, the market says the device is unsupported or something like that
Bluetooth pairing worked, file transfer - too, Wi-fi is good

Last edited:

williamsnyder

Oct 31, 2009
i've got problem with import contact from vCard (.vcf file).
i put the file contacts.vcf in the root of sd card then i select import from vCard. the phone show a pop-up "reading vCard file" but after that, there no contact appear.
i re-install the build again and do the same as above, contacts now appear.
i try to re-install buid some more times (for testing), sometime contact appear, sometime contact doesn't appear.
what should i do? thanks

Last edited:

kachihayabi

Nov 24, 2009
Nantes
Hello from France to everyone,

I've installed this beautiful work on my RAPH100 and the result is amazing! Great job!

Just a question about Bluetooth.

I own 3 BT devices :
- one is a "simple"/"normal" Handfree profile (Samsung WEP650)
- the 2 others are AD2P profile compliant (Samsung HM3500, my EONON radiocar)

Pairing and connecting these devices work perfectly.

Handfree profile works (last call, new voice command call) BUT sound is awful and unusable with all 3 devices.

AD2P profile features work perfectly and sound is OK on both HM3500 and radiocar!

Of course, I've copied all CSV files from "/Windows" to SDcard root.

Do you have any explanations ?

Thank you for the time you will spend on my bluetooth problem.

Best regards.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
i've got problem with import contact from vCard (.vcf file).
i put the file contacts.vcf in the root of sd card then i select import from vCard. the phone show a pop-up "reading vCard file" but after that, there no contact appear.
i re-install the build again and do the same as above, contacts now appear.
i try to re-install buid some more times (for testing), sometime contact appear, sometime contact doesn't appear.
what should i do? thanks

Try syncing your contacts with Google. Works great in WinMo, Android and iOS. This way my contacts are in sync, no matter what platform.

Hello from France to everyone,

I've installed this beautiful work on my RAPH100 and the result is amazing! Great job!

Just a question about Bluetooth.

I own 3 BT devices :
- one is a "simple"/"normal" Handfree profile (Samsung WEP650)
- the 2 others are AD2P profile compliant (Samsung HM3500, my EONON radiocar)

Pairing and connecting these devices work perfectly.

Handfree profile works (last call, new voice command call) BUT sound is awful and unusable with all 3 devices.

AD2P profile features work perfectly and sound is OK on both HM3500 and radiocar!

Of course, I've copied all CSV files from "/Windows" to SDcard root.

Do you have any explanations ?

Thank you for the time you will spend on my bluetooth problem.

Best regards.

BT doesn't work so well, and we have 0 devs left for RAPH.

Post logs, and hope. Not sure if it'll ever get fixed tho.

Reactions: Nacz

lukas.pce

Dec 19, 2008
Yes, I don't see why not. I assume the app can just write the values directly to ts-calib inside the system? I think it's in /data, but I need to look.

If I remember good, ts-caliration file from this app is in /data/ folder, but for view/copy it you need root acess file browser.

But I found interesting lib for HW accelerated browser http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1475249, its possible to test it on xdanroid devices with gingerbread roms?
If it this running, browser doesnt have lags and choppy scroll..

I can not test it because I dont have device..

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
You're saying xdandroid development for raphael is over?

Well, there hasn't been an active dev on RAPH for a while, and a few left for RHOD...

It is what it is, the device is ancient. The code is (and always has been) open source, and anyone is welcome to join and contribute.

kadodo

Jan 25, 2009
BT

Hello,

well, as a conclusion you would say, that I have to change my device (RAPH 100), when I want to use BT-hands-free?
I already tried GB on the raph and I must say, that this version works pretty nice. But I need BT during working and driving....

Thanks

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hello,

well, as a conclusion you would say, that I have to change my device (RAPH 100), when I want to use BT-hands-free?
I already tried GB on the raph and I must say, that this version works pretty nice. But I need BT during working and driving....

Thanks

Some have said it works great, others not so much. So it seems dependent on the headset/device used.

Did you at least try it?

kadodo

Jan 25, 2009
Really ? I tried my two Plantronics headsets and both made terrible noices after the opponent answered. They are completly faultless.
Which headsets work? Do you know some?

Thanks for your answer !

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Really ? I tried my two Plantronics headsets and both made terrible noices after the opponent answered. They are completly faultless.
Which headsets work? Do you know some?

Thanks for your answer !

Nope, never used BT. I also don't have a RAPH with service. Sorry.

Last edited:

Rubik.Orange

Mar 5, 2010
Busan
3bba56a2-0717-5ae3.jpg

I stucked this mesaage. My
phone doesen't make data.img
Optimus Q LU2300

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from a RAPH100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    I can also confirm the gsensor problem. Seems GB needs different values! I'll look into it.
    Missing Apps from the Market... (Raph800, etc...)

I believe I addressed this on the first page, but for those of you using the Raph800, not seeing google maps in the market, changing the DPI back to 240 in startup.txt has resolved the problem. After you've downloaded your apps, simply restart with it changed back to 210 :D It fixes the incompatible issue as well.

Now, any luck on the sound fix? I found using the kernels, roofts, and zimage from the GBX0B build with Froyo 7.1 disables the sound their as well. For me, I could hear the person on the other line, they could not however hear me. Ringer and alerts worked fine.
    I do VGA Htc Calibrate. :)

Its possible to edit build that boot without ts-calibration on sdcard?

Yes, I don't see why not. I assume the app can just write the values directly to ts-calib inside the system? I think it's in /data, but I need to look.