[CWM][6.0.3.1] ClockworkMod Recovery

Search This thread

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Hey there,

Please find CWM for Oppo FInd 5 attached to this thread :)

CWM (ClockWork Mod) is a custom recovery designed to flash unofficial updates, backup and restore your device, and repair it in case of bad-flashed files, as well as a few extras.

INSTRUCTIONS
- Download the Android SDK in order to get the "fastboot" command-line tool
- Download the recovery.img and put it in the directory of fastboot (......\android-sdk\tools\)
- Hold power key and choose to restart your phone. Unplug any USB cord, and press the Volume Up key when the screen goes black. It takes some practice to get in fastboot mode, you might need to not press the Vol Up key immediately, etc. It's a bit jiggly, but after some time you get used to it and manage to do it in the first try :p
- If you succeed so far, you should be on a black screen with white text saying "fastboot mode..."
- Plug your USB cord, open your command-line, go to the fastboot directory, and type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After a few seconds, the recovery will be flashed. Then type fastboot boot recovery.img to boot the recovery immediately
- Use the recovery option "Reboot system now" and say "Yes" to "Prevent system from writing recovery". Oppo official ROM will reflash a stock recovery on boot if you don't do that.

It shouldn't be too hard. Also, you're free to use CWM or TWRP (available in another thread), whatever you prefer. I'm just making that thread to separate our CyanogenMod build from the recovery itself and provide an alternative.

Attachments

• recovery.img
    7.7 MB · Views: 22,615
Last edited:

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
CWM is known to work, and it's what we were using for development. It's less beautiful than TWRP, but it does its job, so if you don't plan to spend hours in recovery, CWM is a bit more painful to use (vol keys + power to validate), but safer.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
CWM is known to work, and it's what we were using for development. It's less beautiful than TWRP, but it does its job, so if you don't plan to spend hours in recovery, CWM is a bit more painful to use (vol keys + power to validate), but safer.

https://plus.google.com/106631699076927387965/posts/PzR46FpXiWP is a pretty good summary of it.

The TWRP guys do great work, but - recovery is recovery, you shouldn't be spending that much time there. CWM's simplicity makes it a bit easier to maintain.

Allanitomwesh

Apr 27, 2012
Nairobi
Will you be updating it to clockworkmod touch?That would be great
Also,does it support ROM Manager app? I find this a better method since it removes need for a PC,and is simpler.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Will you be updating it to clockworkmod touch?That would be great
Also,does it support ROM Manager app? I find this a better method since it removes need for a PC,and is simpler.

CWM touch is not open source, so no.

As to ROM Manager - I personally don't use it, it has failed on every device I've ever tried it on. It softbricked Infuses easily, and caused no end of problems on the I777.

Allanitomwesh

Apr 27, 2012
Nairobi
It worked well on my phone,and saved a lot of time,it all has to do with the quality of the CWM submitted. At least consider it,if only for the PC-less.

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
It worked well on my phone,and saved a lot of time,it all has to do with the quality of the CWM submitted. At least consider it,if only for the PC-less.

Um, you can do things PC-less now - it's just not recommended. CMUpdater is PC-less, so is downloading a ZIP and flashing it in recovery. (Although I don't recommend this, mobile browsers seem to be far more likely to corrupt zips than desktop ones do.)

You should never be flashing stuff without a PC around in case things go wrong anyway.

Allanitomwesh

Apr 27, 2012
Nairobi
I agree with you,but if it works well there's nothing wrong with it. The option is a good thing. It works well with Goomanager and TWRP atleast.And it's easier to download an app from playstore than setup ADB,for the "make my phone kewl" user.

biou

Apr 19, 2006
“- Download the Android SDK in order to get the "fastboot" command-line tool”

Where to find this "Android SDK" ? sorry for noob question.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

“- Download the Android SDK in order to get the "fastboot" command-line tool”

Where to find this "Android SDK" ? sorry for noob question.

I found sth like "http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#download" is taht right?

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
And it works! :eek: who's maintaining this for Oppo Find 5?

None of us. Recovery Builder builds have a nasty habit of breaking - they've been nothing but a nightmare over on N80xx (lots of Status 7 errors that shouldn't be happening.)

Seriously, CWM Touch only makes sense on the Kindle Fire (no volup/voldn keys). On top of that, it's closed source.

richie390

Jan 22, 2011
None of us. Recovery Builder builds have a nasty habit of breaking - they've been nothing but a nightmare over on N80xx (lots of Status 7 errors that shouldn't be happening.)

Seriously, CWM Touch only makes sense on the Kindle Fire (no volup/voldn keys). On top of that, it's closed source.
Yeah that may be true but I came from 4Ext on HTC Sensation. I missed the touch, and I don't like TWRP so much. But I'm glad there is a CWM Touch that works for the Find 5. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there,

Please find CWM for Oppo FInd 5 attached to this thread :)

CWM (ClockWork Mod) is a custom recovery designed to flash unofficial updates, backup and restore your device, and repair it in case of bad-flashed files, as well as a few extras.

INSTRUCTIONS
    - Download the Android SDK in order to get the "fastboot" command-line tool
    - Download the recovery.img and put it in the directory of fastboot (......\android-sdk\tools\)
    - Hold power key and choose to restart your phone. Unplug any USB cord, and press the Volume Up key when the screen goes black. It takes some practice to get in fastboot mode, you might need to not press the Vol Up key immediately, etc. It's a bit jiggly, but after some time you get used to it and manage to do it in the first try :p
    - If you succeed so far, you should be on a black screen with white text saying "fastboot mode..."
    - Plug your USB cord, open your command-line, go to the fastboot directory, and type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    - After a few seconds, the recovery will be flashed. Then type fastboot boot recovery.img to boot the recovery immediately
    - Use the recovery option "Reboot system now" and say "Yes" to "Prevent system from writing recovery". Oppo official ROM will reflash a stock recovery on boot if you don't do that.

It shouldn't be too hard. Also, you're free to use CWM or TWRP (available in another thread), whatever you prefer. I'm just making that thread to separate our CyanogenMod build from the recovery itself and provide an alternative.

https://plus.google.com/106631699076927387965/posts/PzR46FpXiWP is a pretty good summary of it.

The TWRP guys do great work, but - recovery is recovery, you shouldn't be spending that much time there. CWM's simplicity makes it a bit easier to maintain.
    It does work.. :p

Here is the updated CWM touch 6.0.3.2 for Find 5 tested by me:

http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.com/job/recovery/26760/artifact/archive/recovery.img
    Where is the CWM touch which works for Find 5?

Not in this thread.