[Q] Android App: create twitter feed platform

Search This thread

sbcoder

Feb 17, 2014
I am interested in creating and android based app where short posts like twitter can be shared with a group of people who has that app. So for example if 10 people have this app and one of them decided to create a post and share it then all the other 9 people should be able to see it in there feed. I am new to app development and was hoping I can get some kind of guidance from here as to where to start. I am not sure what kind of platform or technology is used in facebook and twitter for this specific purpose but I would like a similar setup. I really appreciate any help or guidance to help me get started and thanks in advance.

sbcoder

Feb 17, 2014
Smaller project

I would like to start from a smaller project but not sure about this area at all. I was thinking to just create a small app first where I create a post and it appears on the other end. Any ideas as how to go about it? thank you for your help.

nikwen

Feb 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
www.nikwen.de
I would like to start from a smaller project but not sure about this area at all. I was thinking to just create a small app first where I create a post and it appears on the other end. Any ideas as how to go about it? thank you for your help.

I don't know how to do that as I've never really been interested in networking. I'd suggest to do something without networking as your first application to get used to Android's UI elements and to Android code in general.
As soon as you understood that you can do as much networking as you want but I would start with something that is easier. (A calculator is a typical beginner project. ;))

sak-venom1997

Feb 4, 2013
Lucknow

i ll give the example of Facebook

there

newsfeeds run on Hadoop

messages are on nosql not sure about this :p

all the searches you perform on the new graph interface (exculding those on messages) are through FQL
its a language of their own Facebook Query Language

Python is the backbone of it all, chief scripting language on thier server

of course the webinterface you see is php and javascript

........ this much only i know :D:p
but there are a few more

as u can see there's more to it than it seems to be so starting with such a thing won't be a wise decision !
"no hill too high to climb" - proceed this project if you really want to !

Sent from my GT-S5302 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: nikwen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i ll give the example of Facebook

there

newsfeeds run on Hadoop

messages are on nosql not sure about this :p

all the searches you perform on the new graph interface (exculding those on messages) are through FQL
    its a language of their own Facebook Query Language

Python is the backbone of it all, chief scripting language on thier server

of course the webinterface you see is php and javascript

........ this much only i know :D:p
    but there are a few more

as u can see there's more to it than it seems to be so starting with such a thing won't be a wise decision !
    "no hill too high to climb" - proceed this project if you really want to !

Sent from my GT-S5302 using Tapatalk 2