• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

*SHB*

Feb 27, 2013
karachi
xdaforums.com
Dear Friends

It is possible to downgrade from Android 4.3 to Android 4.1.2 via Mobile Odin 3.85.apk

Don't use windows Odin program for downgrade

Just download Mobile Odin 3.85.apk from Internet ( registered apk version from torrent )

and download android Jelly bean 4.1.2 from www.sammobile.com

and copy your stock rom md5 file in your Internal Memory and SD Card

and Flash through Mobile Odin 3.85.

I have done it successfully

its not removed knox bootloader but we can downgrade to Android 4.1.2 and its working smoothly.

No problem at all.

Try it on your own risk !!! I got success coz I Love risks. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: to$tess and shucrut

*SHB*

Feb 27, 2013
karachi
xdaforums.com
And if you go into download mode do you still see the Knox flag?

Yes knox flag is there and I already have knox 0x1 warranty void

but i have rooted my SGS3 successfully and super su installed on my Android 4.1.2 which not possible on Android 4.3 coz of knox interference so I think knox side effect will end by flash via mobile odin.

Last edited:
Reactions: sham79

Lerpzu

Jul 27, 2013
Kajaani
:D You made my day! Thanks, but people allready knew that it was possible to downgrade to 4.1.2.
They are looking for a solution to downgrade the bootloader, not the firmware.

Reactions: sham79

kamikaze702k

Jun 12, 2013
London
knox is a pain in the backside!!

i had many S3 devices, luckily all are still on the old bootloader!! bought an S4 mini few months ago, luckily that was on the old bootloader also, so no knox for any of them, few weeks ago i decided to get the S4, came with knox! sold it, found an old firmware S4, was on 4.2.2 but somehow had the knox bootloader, sold it, bought 4 S4 devices in the space of 2 weeks, all with knox bootloader, ive now given up on S4 and Samsung all together!! ive since then gona back to my old rooted knox free S3 and S4 mini,

no longer will i be buying any more Samsung devices in the future, they can stick it with knox!!

if your reading this thread its probably too late to downgrade your bootloader but i highly advise DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE!!!

if your rooted keep your old stock firmware thats knox free and keep using custom roms instead!!

shayind4

Mar 24, 2008
London
Dear Friends

It is possible to downgrade from Android 4.3 to Android 4.1.2 via Mobile Odin 3.85.apk

Just download Mobile Odin 3.85.apk from Internet ( registered apk version from torrent )

its not removed knox bootloader but we can downgrade to Android 4.1.2 and its working smoothly.

No problem at all.

I have S3 i9305 on 4.3 Knox flag 0x0. If i use mobile odin to downgrade the firmware, will it trigger Knox flag 0x1?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

knox is a pain in the backside!!

i had many S3 devices, luckily all are still on the old bootloader!! bought an S4 mini few months ago, luckily that was on the old bootloader also, so no knox for any of them, few weeks ago i decided to get the S4, came with knox! sold it, found an old firmware S4, was on 4.2.2 but somehow had the knox bootloader, sold it, bought 4 S4 devices in the space of 2 weeks, all with knox bootloader, ive now given up on S4 and Samsung all together!! ive since then gona back to my old rooted knox free S3 and S4 mini,

no longer will i be buying any more Samsung devices in the future, they can stick it with knox!!

if your reading this thread its probably too late to downgrade your bootloader but i highly advise DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE!!!

if your rooted keep your old stock firmware thats knox free and keep using custom roms instead!!

You are right. Knox is a real pain!!! However, i did manage to root S4 i9505 4.3 and Note3 4.3 by doing a factory reset to clear any security updates, and avoided setting up wifi (which will automatically download new security updates)/avoided auto security updates downloads in settings, and use Kingo for rooting.

Like you said, it's not advisable to upgrade at this time.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

but i have rooted my SGS3 successfully and super su installed on my Android 4.1.2 which not possible on Android 4.3 coz of knox interference so I think knox side effect will end by flash via mobile odin.

I believe root is required for Mobile odin pro. Were you rooted then before downgrading with mobile odin? I have been unable to root my SGS3 4.3 MKC without triggering knox flag. It seems that i cannot use mobile odin to downgrade the firmware and then root afterward.

shucrut

Aug 27, 2012
I have S3 i9305 on 4.3 Knox flag 0x0. If i use mobile odin to downgrade the firmware, will it trigger Knox flag 0x1?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

You are right. Knox is a real pain!!! However, i did manage to root S4 i9505 4.3 and Note3 4.3 by doing a factory reset to clear any security updates, and avoided setting up wifi (which will automatically download new security updates)/avoided auto security updates downloads in settings, and use Kingo for rooting.

Like you said, it's not advisable to upgrade at this time.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I believe root is required for Mobile odin pro. Were you rooted then before downgrading with mobile odin? I have been unable to root my SGS3 4.3 MKC without triggering knox flag. It seems that i cannot use mobile odin to downgrade the firmware and then root afterward.

At least for me, was not possible to root 4.3 without triggering knox ans to use mobile odin you need root access, so.. If you succeed rooting without triggering knox, you will have flag 0x0 at the end with mobile odin.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

What are you saying here? Mobile odin normally works only when you are already rooted ???

mervingeo

May 4, 2012
remove or reset knox counter

so is it possible to reset knox counter or remove it?

Aikka

Nov 24, 2013
Other Solution

Nooononono.. ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO SEARCH FOR 4.3 firmware's modem file and install it when you installed 4.1.2 rom.. so first install 4.1.2 onto your device and then look for 4.3 modem file and install that, too. This is what you need to do!! Your IMEI will appear then right. This is because 4.3 firmware converts your EFS version to EFS v2 (originally you have EFS v1) and 4.1.2 rom's modem isn't compatible with EFSv2.. SO ALL YOU NEED TO DO to look for 4.3 modem and install it with 4.1.2 rom!! This is 4.3 modem's code "XXELJ2".
I hope i could help you! :D (cipri862@gmail.com <-- if u have questions)

mr.williamrivera

Mar 23, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH_R530U (US Cellular) 4.3

It's ROOTED (I have access to SU, Root Checker says I'm rooted) and KNOX is shut off/not running.. I have the developer options on.. When I insert a SIM (Searching for service).. When I don't put one in (NO SIM CARD)... I am not getting any prompts to enter an unlock code...

#1 Did I do everything correct...?
#2 If I need to downgrade to 4.2.1, where do I find it....?

PS... I was playing with the About device tab... I clicked on Kernel Version or Dive status a bunch of times and now I'm getting a notification in the shade screen...? (Face Palm -_- )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear Friends

No problem at all.

And if you go into download mode do you still see the Knox flag?

:D You made my day! Thanks, but people allready knew that it was possible to downgrade to 4.1.2.
    They are looking for a solution to downgrade the bootloader, not the firmware.