S4 usb bootloop. Help!

Search This thread

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
I have an sgh-i337. I rooted a couple of weeks ago by downgrading, rooting, installing ss, then flashing a rooted nb1. Since then, when I connect my phone to my surface pro it shows connected as installer then gets stuck in a bootloop. I've updated drivers, and even tried Kies. Hasn't worked.

dark5577

May 29, 2013
I have an sgh-i337. I rooted a couple of weeks ago by downgrading, rooting, installing ss, then flashing a rooted nb1. Since then, when I connect my phone to my surface pro it shows connected as installer then gets stuck in a bootloop. I've updated drivers, and even tried Kies. Hasn't worked.

I'm having the same issue on my PC. Oddly it was working fine before. I had no problems on SHOstock-i with SS 3.71, then I switched to GoldenEye with SS 3.72 and it was working for a short time, but now my phone restarts whenever I connect it to my PC. Perhaps it has something to do with SS 3.72? I'm going to try downgrading SS and I'll report back.

What ROM are you using? Did you use a debloater tool?

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
I'm having the same issue on my PC. Oddly it was working fine before. I had no problems on SHOstock-i with SS 3.71, then I switched to GoldenEye with SS 3.72 and it was working for a short time, but now my phone restarts whenever I connect it to my PC. Perhaps it has something to do with SS 3.72? I'm going to try downgrading SS and I'll report back.

What ROM are you using? Did you use a debloater tool?

Stock rooted. No debloater, just turned AT&T apps off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dark5577

May 29, 2013
Stock rooted. No debloater, just turned AT&T apps off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Downgrading to SS 3.71 didn't help. Although I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the USB drivers and after the install finishes the "Installing device driver software" dialog for Windows comes up and then reports that no driver was found. Were you able to get the USB driver installed where it says in that dialog that it installed the driver properly?

EDIT: I figured out how to fix it! Go into the Device Manager before plugging in your GS4, then once you plug it in (assuming your device doesn't immediately restart) you should be able to see two SAMSUNG_Android listings and some unknown devices. I right-clicked on one the SAMSUNG_Android listings and chose update driver. Then I chose "Browse my computer for update software" then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". I only had a single listing that was Samsung ADB or something similar that I chose. Then I did the same for the other SAMSUNG_Android listing in the Device Manager. I ignored the unknown devices. Once you're finished, change your GS4 to MTP mode. I think the Samsung ADB driver that was listed might have come from the Helium backup software I installed, so you might need to download that to get the driver from it if you don't see a driver.

Last edited: