Can Cortana be installed on Surface Pro 2?

Search This thread

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
I couldn't find anything on the net, which discussed installing Cortana on a Surface Pro 2. Has anyone looked into this?

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
Thanks, but I'm already aware of that. My question was whether anyone was planning to make Cortana work on the Surface Pro 2.

Well nobody can but microsoft.

Windows 8 does not run windows phone 8 applications and no doubt cortana is way more tightly integrated than being a simple app. Only microsoft have the source code. There is no way for us to make cortana work on windows 8 (and that would therefore include pro 2 considering that is just a windows 8 ultrabook thrown in a tablet shell)

incisivekeith

Jan 27, 2009
Well nobody can but microsoft.

Windows 8 does not run windows phone 8 applications and no doubt cortana is way more tightly integrated than being a simple app. Only microsoft have the source code. There is no way for us to make cortana work on windows 8 (and that would therefore include pro 2 considering that is just a windows 8 ultrabook thrown in a tablet shell)

Does that mean that no dev on XDA is interested in hacking Cortana to make it work on surface tablets?

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
Does that mean that no dev on XDA is interested in hacking Cortana to make it work on surface tablets?

It is physically impossible for us to do so, it isn't a case of whether anyone is interested or not, we simply cannot do it.

And why the fixation with the surface? Any hack to get cortana would be a global windows 8 thing not surface specific (hell, you'd have to go out of your way to make it surface specific)