[Q] Rooted Huawei G6 - Apps can't access phone memory

Search This thread

andy.m

Sep 14, 2013
Hi,

I have a Huawei G6 from China. I unlocked the bootloader, rooted it with vroot and installed SuperSU.

I can install GoogePlayStore and all kind of different apps from it. And they work mostly fine. But for some reason some apps show issues:

- I can't take a picture. It says "Storage full, install SD card". Although phone memory is still around 1 GB left.
- I can't open files from Dropbox. "Not enough memory, or storage full"
- ES File Explorer doesn't show local SD card
- Some apps, like Waze just won't run "Waze can't access your SD card. Make sure it isn't mounted". That one totally confuses me.

What's missing? How can I fix this?

If wrong sub-forum pls move this post accordingly.

Thanks
Andy

ArnoJeroen

Jan 23, 2013
Dordrecht
Hi,

I have a Huawei G6 from China. I unlocked the bootloader, rooted it with vroot and installed SuperSU.

I can install GoogePlayStore and all kind of different apps from it. And they work mostly fine. But for some reason some apps show issues:

- I can't take a picture. It says "Storage full, install SD card". Although phone memory is still around 1 GB left.
- Some apps, like Waze just won't run "Waze can't access your SD card. Make sure it isn't mounted". That one totally confuses me.

Thanks
Andy

I had the same problem.
Just unroot with SuperSU and your problem is solved.

Reactions: andy.m

magowiz82

Apr 5, 2012
Excellent! That worked.

Do you then use anything else as substitute? Is it actually required?

Ok I resolved as described in this thread, in this way obviously the phone became unrooted. I really don't know how the problems described can be caused by rooting it, how is it possible ?
Does the problem described depends on which method used to root the phone ? I used the towel application (last version) , is there any root method for G6 that doesn't lead to this issue ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Thanks
    Andy

I had the same problem.
    Just unroot with SuperSU and your problem is solved.