[Q] Problems updating via OTA and/or ODIN

Search This thread

projectsome

Nov 1, 2010
Currently running G900FXXU1ANE2 on an EE branded S5. (Previously rooted with towel root and supesu)

keep getting notifications to update firmware but when I do it via OTA it comes up updated failed connect to kies (on PC) the problem being, I don't own a PC so that's not an option

I've tried installing mobile odin via the play store so I can install it manually,but when I try to open it, mobile odin just force closes. I've tried unrooting and re-rooting to see if that fixes the odin problem but to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to update via OTA/Odin without a PC or any other solutions?

Thanks

sepu79

Oct 17, 2010
Kiikka
Currently running G900FXXU1ANE2 on an EE branded S5. (Previously rooted with towel root and supesu)

keep getting notifications to update firmware but when I do it via OTA it comes up updated failed connect to kies (on PC) the problem being, I don't own a PC so that's not an option

I've tried installing mobile odin via the play store so I can install it manually,but when I try to open it, mobile odin just force closes. I've tried unrooting and re-rooting to see if that fixes the odin problem but to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to update via OTA/Odin without a PC or any other solutions?

Thanks
i have same problem.
My phone downloads update but when it starts do install it this failed message comes and phone boots.:confused:
towelrooted my s5 and installed xposed and su.