[THEME] Dark Material Design Hangouts 2.5.83281670

Search This thread

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
Dark_Hangouts_Material.png

Ladies and Gentlemen,

while we're waiting for the Lollipop OTA from HTC, i just want shorten you the waiting time.
Here is my newest Prioject for the new Material Design that Google uses in 5.0 builds.
I know most of you not liking the white backgrounds all over the place, so i've decided to invert it with google colors.

Please make sure, you already have stock Hangouts up and running before flashing this theme.

Attention: As always, flash at your own risk.
Please nandroid before you flash this.
Always good to have a working backup if something fails.
If you get errors, please report and sent logs, otherwise i'm not able to help.

Download for Kitkat based ROMs

Download for Lollipop based ROMs (GPE)

Download for DigitalHigh GPE

Special Thanks to:

@Basil3 - for his Dark Hangouts base
@Raymond Ebertt - for his dark material bubbles
@fisha21 - for always being able to help me out
@mwilky - for being a great developer and his fantastic ROM
and all other Themers and Developers that provide their stuff here on xda-developers.

Last edited:

z-man79

Jan 8, 2012
Not working for me, first flash deleted Hangouts, second time didn't change the theme. I'm running Digitalhigh's rom with Elite kernel on Verizon.

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
Not working for me, first flash deleted Hangouts, second time didn't change the theme. I'm running Digitalhigh's rom with Elite kernel on Verizon.

Please try the DigitalHigh GPE Version in #1. It should work now.. Apk is not called Hangouts.apk in DigitalHigh, its called base.apk.. for me it is working now.

z-man79

Jan 8, 2012
Please try the DigitalHigh GPE Version in #1. It should work now.. Apk is not called Hangouts.apk in DigitalHigh, its called base.apk.. for me it is working now.

Thank you for trying. I wonder what is causing this not to work for me. I'm still looking at all white screens. I download the zip, go into recovery, I wiped the Davik and cache and then try to load the zip and then reboot. My screen is still white.

SoLdieR9312

Sep 22, 2012
NRW
Thank you for trying. I wonder what is causing this not to work for me. I'm still looking at all white screens. I download the zip, go into recovery, I wiped the Davik and cache and then try to load the zip and then reboot. My screen is still white.

probably because you're hangouts is on data/app folder instead of /system/app..

If you want to try: Reflash DigitalHigh without Wipe, do not select to install gapps as data apps..

Then try my flashable DigitalHigh GPE zip.. should work then.

z-man79

Jan 8, 2012
probably because you're hangouts is on data/app folder instead of /system/app..

If you want to try: Reflash DigitalHigh without Wipe, do not select to install gapps as data apps..

Then try my flashable DigitalHigh GPE zip.. should work then.

This is not the case and I tried redownloading the app from Google Play and then flashing the zip.

z-man79

Jan 8, 2012
Redownloading from google play will install it to data/app too, so not really a solution..

You need to delete the /data/app Hangouts and flash the zip.. otherwise it won't work.

There wasn't any hangouts information in data/app, it was in system/app and I went and deleted it from there. That worked, thank you for being patient and helping me solve my issue.

4NDROID4LIFE

Nov 15, 2014
I know this is for the m8. Here comes the but lol, but any thoughts other than a smart alec remark what would happen if I tried this on an LG G3 with Cyanogenmod 12? Thanks
This is the only recent themed one I have been able to find.
Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

SiK TL

Dec 1, 2014
any future plans to keep this theme updated? i would love to keep running this.

Top Liked Posts