questions about camera and display

Search This thread

alr11389

Mar 2, 2010
Madrid
Hi all, I am awaiting for european version of Droid 4 (Milestone 4) that i think it will have same hardware as droid 4.

I read some reviews of droid 4 and in almost reviews told that camera and display aren't so good.

I want to know your opinions about camera. I'm not a very exquisite for camera requisites, but i'm very annoying when i have a camera like Desire Z because i have to be very very quiet and don't move the phone when i'm taking a picture. Dou you have this problem when take a picture with Droid 4?

Some reviews said that display aren't for gamers because is very large or i don't remember why... and display isn't very impressive. Do you have problems in games? What could you tell me about display?

Would you want tell me another opinion about your Droid 4?

Thanks in advance.

greekchampion04

Apr 6, 2011
i dont have an issue with either of them...

i dont expect much from the camera, so it takes good enough pictures (see thumbnail below)

the screen is fine by me.. its a little bit smaller than the Droid X i came from, but having the physical keyboard more than makes up for it

Attachments

• 2012-02-21_09-04-34_149.jpg
    2012-02-21_09-04-34_149.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: alr11389

alr11389

Mar 2, 2010
Madrid
I actually have a Desire Z and 4 inches of display are good for me :D but i don't understand why is not a gamers display.

greekchampion, could you tell me if the camera has a retard when takes photo? is importante for me because is the one that annoying me on Desire Z camera. If I want to take a picture to my cat, cat's head is always moved on the picture.

greekchampion04

Apr 6, 2011
the camera does have a bit of a delay (sorry for the english lesson, but retard has some negative connotations with it and usually is not used in the way you used it) so yeah that is annoying.. but i dont know if that is the actual camera, or the software.

i dont use the camera much, so i have not looked into it, but have you tried getting a third-party camera app from the market?

gangrif

Mar 30, 2011
Camera delay is sort of inevitable. It has to do with processing the image captured. Somehow the Galaxy Nexus gets around the delay. Maybe its an ICS software thing?

The Droid 4 has a much less noticeable delay than my old Incredible had. But it's still there. I've had much better luck getting pictures of my 1 and a half year old daughter (much like your cat) with the D4 than I did with my Incredible, it's still easy to muck up a picture though. Its the downside to all digital cameras unfortunately. Well, except for the expensive ones.

The screen;s adequate. I havent (and generally dont) played any twitchy games on my D4 that a fast refresh rate would be necesary. It's fine for Angry Brids. :p

I have noticed that in direct sunlight the screen gets a little crazy.. Like it's registering a touch.. Weird.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i dont have an issue with either of them...

i dont expect much from the camera, so it takes good enough pictures (see thumbnail below)

the screen is fine by me.. its a little bit smaller than the Droid X i came from, but having the physical keyboard more than makes up for it