SM-P900 Wifi Touch Screen has Malfunctioned

Search This thread

gamecheif

Aug 3, 2009
Hello All,

In my attempt to root the device which I was successful in doing somehow things went south when i tried to flash TWRP on my device. I performed the .img to tar.md5 conversion with the CWM Tool on another thread then i flashed the file to my device, afterwards the devices were rebooted and now I am unable to touch the screen with my fingers and only my S-Pen works, which tells me hardware wise the screen is ok but something software wise is causing this issue. Can someone please help me in troubleshooting this issue. I seen another user have this same exact issue but it ended with him sending it to the service center. I have performed a full dat/factory reset.... I have performed a full reflashing of the stock rom i have re-rooted. I am all out of options.

See video i made regarding this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orLEnWhlATo

Thanks in advance!

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Capacitive touch and spen use 2 totally different chips inside the tablet. The spen uses a Wacom digitizer, while touch interaction is processed using standard methods.

In fact, each one has their own ribbon cable from the screen to different points on the motherboard.

I have no idea how rooting broke your touch ability, but the spen working is not an indication that the touch interaction is not damaged in some way.

I can tell you that on mine (especially when using papyrus) it has a tendency to lose touch until I shut the screen off and turn it back on. Maybe something screwy is going on with the touch driver. Flash back to stock and see if it's still broken

alpastor

Aug 9, 2013
Did the reset work?

I ask because we just got a used tablet off ebay and it is doing the same thing to me. My wife emailed Samsung who said blah-blah-blah so we are stuck with it. I know enough to brick a phone really fast, but I have been running custom Roms a long time and have replaced screens so I may check the cables on my day off.
But it was doing it before I rooted it, recovery, and Hyper-drive Rom.
though the knox had been tripped before I got it, so I don't know what has been done to it before this. So please let me know what you think even if you try it and it does or doesn't work and I will gladly do the same for you.
Thanks--Rick :)