[Q] Stuck at the Fastboot protocol support

Search This thread

rafyperez

Dec 4, 2010
I trying to unlock my XOOM WIFI from COSTCO, when I ran the command

adb reboot bootloader

The XOOM reboots show the message STARTING FaSTboot protocol support and stuck in there, I have to VOL UP & Power to reset it.

What I am doing wrong.?

I do not want to do the ONE CLICK to avoid wiping the machine completely.

Do I need to wipe it the first time?

HazeT

Apr 15, 2011
you need to have fastboot in your machine, then you can run:

fastboot oem unlock

it will ask you to use volume up/down keys to confirm "twice" the terms of service and will unlock it for you.
please not that unlocking it will void your warranty right away, so unless you are a developer or have a very good reason to do so, I would not recommend it.

stbbrat

Jan 28, 2009
You are doing it right.

adb reboot bootloader

is supposed to bring you to "Starting Fastboot protoco"l screen. Just continue and enter the commands as the instructions entail. If this is the first time you are rooting the device though you will end up wiping everything fyi.

Last edited:

KwestJones

Mar 22, 2008
NJ
ubuntu and fastboot....waiting for device

I am running Ubuntu 10.10. When I do adb reboot bootloader....when I run any fastboot command it says <Waiting for Device>…do I need to install USB drivers and how would I do that on Ubuntu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

stbbrat

Jan 28, 2009
Type in adb devices.
Does it list your device there?
Most likely it's a driver issue when it says "waiting for device."

I know nothing about ubuntu though so i wont be any help getting those drivers installed.

KwestJones

Mar 22, 2008
NJ
Yes it does before I get into the bootloader. After I get into the bootloader I get nothing.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

wmchristian

May 27, 2010
adb not reconized

Hello First thank you soo much for this wonderful information.
Sorry in advance if i am just not smart enough to follow your wonderful directions on how to overclock but when i put in adb my Command prompt says it is unreconizable and will not get past that. it is rooted i did that the other day thx

Hexbug

Feb 27, 2011
Hello First thank you soo much for this wonderful information.
Sorry in advance if i am just not smart enough to follow your wonderful directions on how to overclock but when i put in adb my Command prompt says it is unreconizable and will not get past that. it is rooted i did that the other day thx

Make sure you are running the commands from the directory on your computer that the adb file is in. For example, make sure you do a CD "\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools" if that is where adb and all the necessary files are.