[Q] Galaxy Note: The amount of its laggyness?

Search This thread

MicroNuts

Apr 16, 2011
Chicago
Had same problem and was able to get it faster and running smoother by moving all my apps to the external sd. The system partition is very small. Freeing up space will solve the lag problem.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
I am using stock GB and I have almost no lag. Maybe you should make a video and show us what lag you are talking about.

Not possible. As mentioned above, I don't own one. I saw it in stores and capturing video isn't allowed there. But as I explained all, the lag is definitely there. Let me grab one and I HOPEEE and PRAY it doesn't lag.

P.S.: Did you guys check out Samsung Galaxy S3 being announced on May 3rd?
What do you guys suggest.. should I wait for it to launch and then grab a Note as the prices might fall due to the launch of S3? Or you think it won't affect the price of SG Note?

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
It's on the latest firmware available in my country (Malaysia)

All I can think is, Gingerbread is just far inferior to ICS or Honeycomb. Nokia Lumia is a lot faster too (hope that word is not banned here)

Then again, some items images/video captured in 7.7 is only 3.2mp vs 8mp.

Well that's bad. I hope someone in here would pay his 2 cents and help this bro out?

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
Had same problem and was able to get it faster and running smoother by moving all my apps to the external sd. The system partition is very small. Freeing up space will solve the lag problem.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

What is the size of your external memory card?
8 GB? I have heard the higher the memory card is, the slower it makes the cell phone.

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
I am using stock rom (gingerbread) at the moment and experience none of the lag you refer to. I also tried some of the ics roms and also no lag.

The only time my phone 'hesitates' is sometimes when I unlock it as it switches from widget locker to lock screen. Now as it is a 3rd party app doing it, I can hardly blame the note. I love my note and even got rid of my galaxy nexus and asus tf101 when i got the note.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

You have talked about a good point here, regarding the 3rd party apps. But the ones I checked did not have any 3rd part apps.
I think that lag was due to the reason that they kept those pieces on display and thousand people probably used it or abused it. Hence the phone lost its smoothy charm? Perhaps

abhisahara

Jun 10, 2010
Bangalore
Man I envy your note :D

If you scroll this page or a page with lets say 100 replies (which will make the page REALLY long). the scrolling doesn't lag? NOT AT ALL?

See told ya ;) Not even on 400+ pages of ICS stunner thread ;) And m running on stunner. Butter smooth. You should try it once and maybe then i would see you writing down one last post. Problem resolved. Please close this thread :D

Cheers!!

krhn

Feb 26, 2010
Not possible. As mentioned above, I don't own one. I saw it in stores and capturing video isn't allowed there. But as I explained all, the lag is definitely there. Let me grab one and I HOPEEE and PRAY it doesn't lag.

P.S.: Did you guys check out Samsung Galaxy S3 being announced on May 3rd?
What do you guys suggest.. should I wait for it to launch and then grab a Note as the prices might fall due to the launch of S3? Or you think it won't affect the price of SG Note?

I don't think the price of Note will fall (though i'm biased since i just owned one 6 days ago) xD, nevertheless - it'll really depend on what size the S3 is... if its the same size (highly doubtful) as the note then definitely since the firmware and phone is brand (spanking) new however if its in the region of 4.3 - 4.5in then it'll all depend if its a good phone or not - though speculation says its gonna be "beast". If the size is the latter then possibly prices may fall but not by much :D

qazzi76

Dec 7, 2004
Nope - you are mistaken.

Agreed, 2.3.6 was a laggy mess although it improved leaps and bounds with LA1

But you are mistaken...

Every ICS ROM I have used has been amazing and Lag free.

Every. Single. One.

Yes this problem is resolved with ICS and No it doesn't slow down with daily usage in my experience - even with 200 apps.

Mystic38

Mar 16, 2012
thats not lag silly, thats your internet connection

If you scroll this page or a page with lets say 100 replies (which will make the page REALLY long). the scrolling doesn't lag? NOT AT ALL?

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

oh c'mon.. you are reaching here....lol

where do you get this stuff from?..

What is the size of your external memory card?
8 GB? I have heard the higher the memory card is, the slower it makes the cell phone.

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012

I don't think the price of Note will fall (though i'm biased since i just owned one 6 days ago) xD, nevertheless - it'll really depend on what size the S3 is... if its the same size (highly doubtful) as the note then definitely since the firmware and phone is brand (spanking) new however if its in the region of 4.3 - 4.5in then it'll all depend if its a good phone or not - though speculation says its gonna be "beast". If the size is the latter then possibly prices may fall but not by much :D

Agreed.

aftnoon2

Well, here at Spain, I'm just coming from another mobile devices forum, and there's a thread talking just about same laggyness.

I've linked it to here, hope some Spanish guys find out their happiness...:D

I'm at the point of a terrible MAS (Mobile Adquisition Syndrome...) is getting into my brain, due to a very good financial offer (0% interest over 18 months) in a big store.

I'm already a little into flashing up, rooting, etc, thanks to this great site;).
Sooo...If I buy it, and is really laggy, I'll maybe know what to do.

The only hick of this type of purchase is: can I wait 1 year and a half before the Note became boring to me? :D:D

PS: I take "MAS" from "GAS": Gear (or Guitar) Adquisiton Syndrome...Just talking about guitarrists forums

Last edited:

yiannisthegreek

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton

I dont know what it is that you are expecting actually my friend. I own The NOTE, the Galaxy S II AND the Galaxy Nexus and although I agree with you that my SII is quite a bit smoother than the NOTE in some areas I can also tell you that my SII DOES lag at times as well and my NOTE is much LESS LAGGY then my Galaxy Nexus even though the Note has GB and my Nexus has ICS.

ALL smart / super phones lag at times my friend. You will NEVER find a device that has ZERO lag at all (at least not now) so either you make the decision to buy the Note or you dont. Its just that simple...

Last edited:

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
I dont know what it is that you are expecting actually my friend. I own The NOTE, the Galaxy S II AND the Galaxy Nexus and although I agree with you that my SII is quite a bit smoother than the NOT in some areas I can also tell you that my SII DOES lag at times as well and my NOTE is much LESS LAGGY then my Galaxy Nexus even though the Note has GB and my Nexus has ICS.

ALL smart / super phones lag at times my friend. You will NEVER find a device that has ZERO lag at all (at least not now) so either you make the decision to buy the Note or you dont. Its just that simple...

Its a tough decision to move from iPhone to Andriod. Hence that's why I am having second thoughts as my 4s doesn't lag at all. So I am expecting the same smooth experience. That's it.

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
Well, here at Spain, I'm just coming from another mobile devices forum, and there's a thread talking just about same laggyness.

I've linked it to here, hope some Spanish guys find out their happiness...:D

I'm at the point of a terrible MAS (Mobile Adquisition Syndrome...) is getting into my brain, due to a very good financial offer (0% interest over 18 months) in a big store.

I'm already a little into flashing up, rooting, etc, thanks to this great site;).
Sooo...If I buy it, and is really laggy, I'll maybe know what to do.

The only hick of this type of purchase is: can I wait 1 year and a half before the Note become boring to me? :D:D

PS: I take "MAS" from "GAS": Gear (or Guitar) Adquisiton Syndrome...Just talking about guitarrists forums

Haha.. Even this confusion is giving so much fun :D

yiannisthegreek

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Its a tough decision to move from iPhone to Andriod. Hence that's why I am having second thoughts as my 4s doesn't lag at all. So I am expecting the same smooth experience. That's it.

Well right there is your problem... You are trying to compare "apples to oranges" and as far as the 4S having no lag at all, I dont believe it for a second as my friend has the 4S as well and yesterday he couldnt even get Facebook to work properly as it was lagging and freezing up on him and me on my Note had no problems.

If I were you Id stay with what you know as it seems you really dont want any help as people have answered you a million times and you just keep asking the same questions...

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
Well right there is your problem... You are trying to compare "apples to oranges" and as far as the 4S having no lag at all, I dont believe it for a second as my friend has the 4S as well and yesterday he couldnt even get Facebook to work properly as it was lagging and freezing up on him and me on my Note had no problems.

If I were you Id stay with what you know as it seems you really dont want any help as people have answered you a million times and you just keep asking the same questions...

Mine never lagged trust me. But still I sold it because I didn't find the upgrade worthy. Plus I was offered the same amount in which I bought it, hence it was a good deal.

My concerns have already been answered here.

Thank you mates for the help. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting will void your warranty but but if done in correct way you can unroot and get it back.
    Older firmware were slow and laggy but LC1 and LC2 are smooth.
    Have you tried V6 SuperCharger or ThunderBolt scripts before ? You'll need root though.
    These littile thing inject steroids in your phone.
    Wait wait wait wait.
    You have used such difficult Jargons of Andriod world that I am just not able to catch you up :confused:.

Okay, as you have mentioned, V6 SuperCharger or ThunderBolt scripts will require Rooting my device (although I have no idea what are V6 SuperCharger or ThunderBolt scripts), but tell me these LC1 and LC2 are firmware updates, right? And they can be updated "without" rooting the device. Isn't it?

And this update will make G-Note blazing fast, like s2?
    Dont compare Note and S2. The same processor and same GPU in S2 powers a smaller screen with less pixels and less DPI. Here in Note you have the same processor and GPU power a huge HD screen with the best DPI in business. Also all the apps are built on hdpi resolution while the note is xhdpi resolution so the apps and launchers tend to get laggy. Also there is no hardware acceleration supported in much apps. I am using ICS Stunner and using it on 240 dpi which is hdpi resolution and its silk smooth. Butter!
    And i dont have time to make videos. So if you can then take my word. If not then each one to his own :)

Cheers!! Enjoy your Note!!
    You don't need to be rooted to update firmware.
    Use pc odin or built-in OTA (Over The Air - Phone updates itself using 3G/WiFi) update feature. :)
    update to the latest stock firmware released in 2012.....should b much smoother. But we're all waiting for ics which should be out very soon.
    advice: go bak to the shop......remove all widgets on homescreen and/or change wallpaper to static nd try. I have noticed that some live wallpapers and widgets cause lagginess. I usually remove everythng from the homescreen and start adding them 1 by 1 and checkng.....one widget sometimes is the culprit.
    Ics should smooth everythng as some have reported.
    Owned a Note and 7.7

7.7 slightly slower than Nexus, Note is laggy, esp when not turned off for days.