[Q] How to Install SuperNexus 4.0 - I9100 - Build 1

Search This thread

elrengo

Aug 15, 2013
Vicente López, Buenos Aires
Hi!

I'm a owner of Samsung Galaxy S2, GT-i9100. I always installed a stock unbranded firmware. The last firmwares I installed using MobileOdin from phone. I'm not at advance user for flashing and modding the phone. I never do a wipe or something more advance. My phone is rooted, because MobileOdin allow that.

Now I would like to install the SuperNexus 4.0 - I9100 - Build 1 firmware. I thinks is I looking for a lite firmware with out bloatware and a update Android version. :)

Reading the post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583611 I have some doubts.

The instruction are:

Instructions:
First time installing SuperNexus 4.0 to your device, or coming from another ROM:
- Copy Google Apps and SuperNexus ROM into your internal SD Card
- Boot into Recovery (Volume up + Home + Power)
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Flash SuperNexus ROM
- Flash Google Apps package
- Reboot your device

It is possible to install the with MobileOdin this firmware?

If not, I have installed: Room Manager from play.google.com (Premium) for my phone, that is needit?
The flash SuperNexus ROM and Google Apps is at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

dudders007

Aug 13, 2012
Instructions:
First time installing SuperNexus 4.0 to your device, or coming from another ROM:
- Flash SuperNexus ROM
- Reboot your device

If not, I have installed: Room Manager from play.google.com (Premium) for my phone, that is needit?

Thanks in advance!

The instructions are quite simple and straight forward... Just follow it.. u dont e1 need a pc to flaash the rom into ur phone. Y try odin when u can do it with just the phone???
And Rom manager is not needed for this..

Turn the phone off first. And then boot(turn ur phone on) into recovery mode as mentioned in the instructions by keeping al 3 buttons(vol up + home + power) pressed..
ur phone then boots into recovery.. 'Wipe data and factory reset' option can b seen right ther.. Jus select it..
once done,

(u might hav to flash a kk supporting kernel b4 flashin the supernexus rom.. u can get this here.
Flash tn from ur sdcard by selecting 'install zip' option and selecting the kernel file. Once done, goto advanced->reboot recovery. Once it reboots,)

goto 'instal zip' again and select the supernexus rom zip file there and wait for it to complete flashing..

then goto advanced->wipe dalwik cache.

then flash gapps in a similar way and again wipe dalvik cache and then reboot system from main recovery menu.

Its quite simple! :)

all the best! :good:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
^^^^
Good advice.

Also, OP - remove Rom Manager from your phone right now. Unless you'd like to end up with bootloop, busted recovery & possible data loss (caused by not doing backups & having to do a factory reset in order to fix your phone). Rom Manager does not play nice with the I9100.

Reactions: elrengo

fanta182

Nov 22, 2011
Supernexus 4 installation gone wrong on i9300

Hi

My i9300 was on CM10.2 and I tried to update it to Supernexus 4.0. I followed all steps but forgot to do a data wipe. Now my phone is unable to reboot. I am able to go to different modes using vol up, down and start and home button.

Please help.........SOS.

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
Hi

My i9300 was on CM10.2 and I tried to update it to Supernexus 4.0. I followed all steps but forgot to do a data wipe. Now my phone is unable to reboot. I am able to go to different modes using vol up, down and start and home button.

Please help.........SOS.

Reboot to recovery (Vol Up+ Home+Power) and wipe data.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions:
    - Flash SuperNexus ROM
    - Reboot your device

Thanks in advance!

The instructions are quite simple and straight forward... Just follow it.. u dont e1 need a pc to flaash the rom into ur phone. Y try odin when u can do it with just the phone???
    And Rom manager is not needed for this..

Turn the phone off first. And then boot(turn ur phone on) into recovery mode as mentioned in the instructions by keeping al 3 buttons(vol up + home + power) pressed..
    ur phone then boots into recovery.. 'Wipe data and factory reset' option can b seen right ther.. Jus select it..
    once done,

(u might hav to flash a kk supporting kernel b4 flashin the supernexus rom.. u can get this here.
    Flash tn from ur sdcard by selecting 'install zip' option and selecting the kernel file. Once done, goto advanced->reboot recovery. Once it reboots,)

goto 'instal zip' again and select the supernexus rom zip file there and wait for it to complete flashing..

then goto advanced->wipe dalwik cache.

then flash gapps in a similar way and again wipe dalvik cache and then reboot system from main recovery menu.

Its quite simple! :)

all the best! :good:
    ^^^^
    Good advice.

Also, OP - remove Rom Manager from your phone right now. Unless you'd like to end up with bootloop, busted recovery & possible data loss (caused by not doing backups & having to do a factory reset in order to fix your phone). Rom Manager does not play nice with the I9100.