[Q] One Max texts

Search This thread

max444

Mar 16, 2014
Hello good folks, was hopping somebody can help me here.

I have been using htc phones for years, I mean like 10 years almost.

long story short, just got a One max and I'm having an issue with the smilies when receiving text messages. For some reason when the wife sends me smilies in text, they don't show up as the image/smilies, they show up as just text, so that I'm clear, for example if you sent me this smile :D, it would show up as the text ":D", is there a setting some where I'm missing?

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the htc one, I came from the htc rezound (old as heck) and I have more features on that phone then I do on this one :confused:

I thank you all for your time and help. :)

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage

long story short, just got a One max and I'm having an issue with the smilies when receiving text messages. For some reason when the wife sends me smilies in text, they don't show up as the image/smilies, they show up as just text, so that I'm clear, for example if you sent me this smile :D, it would show up as the text ":D", is there a setting some where I'm missing?

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the htc one, I came from the htc rezound (old as heck) and I have more features on that phone then I do on this one :confused:

What phone does she have? I've noticed that sometimes it depends on who is texting. As per the more features on the rezound you are gravely mistaken... Having owned both phones that's like saying dial-up is better than Fios... If the texting issue is that big of a deal probably best to leave android because you can find a more catered experience elsewhere...

max444

Mar 16, 2014
What phone does she have? I've noticed that sometimes it depends on who is texting. As per the more features on the rezound you are gravely mistaken... Having owned both phones that's like saying dial-up is better than Fios... If the texting issue is that big of a deal probably best to leave android because you can find a more catered experience elsewhere...

she has the samsung note 3.

Of course the one max is newer and it has a newer operating system and etc however some good features are missing.

on rezound I have the home screen in the middle and then 3 other screens on each side I can swipe to, for a total of 7 home screens.

On one max without the feed screen you have a total of 5 screens, home in the middle and 2 on each side.

on rezound I can go around the home screens in a circle, on the one max once you go one way you have to back track to get to the opposite side.

on the rezound I have a "people widget" that shows the person and then right next to it the latest text/mail communications of that person, this was a great widget that allowed me to look at each of my favorites and allow me to see their communication by just a glance, One max does not have that anymore it just has the default people widget that just shows the person, you can't see test or anything right there.

I can go with a few more useful/time saving features that are not there, like the lock screen and its apps for example and there is lots more.

So when I say it was better I mean it in that sense, maybe you can do the things I mentioned and I just can't figure it out but I'm 99% sure you can't.

Yes the One max has some good abilities over the rezound like the size for example, and other things, but some of the things I mentioned make no sense to me why they are gone making One max not as easy to use as rezound when it came to some features.

Ok so you are saying that it depends on what kind of a phone I'm getting text from? I'm not good in that area and like to say it does not matter, but if you know for a fact it does, then I guess it does. Thank you for your response and time. :)

Last edited:

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator

Are you using a different keyboard than stock on either phone?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
she has the samsung note 3.

Of course the one max is newer and it has a newer operating system and etc however some good features are missing.

on rezound I have the home screen in the middle and then 3 other screens on each side I can swipe to, for a total of 7 home screens.

On one max without the feed screen you have a total of 5 screens, home in the middle and 2 on each side.

on rezound I can go around the home screens in a circle, on the one max once you go one way you have to back track to get to the opposite side.

on the rezound I have a "people widget" that shows the person and then right next to it the latest text/mail communications of that person, this was a great widget that allowed me to look at each of my favorites and allow me to see their communication by just a glance, One max does not have that anymore it just has the default people widget that just shows the person, you can't see test or anything right there.

I can go with a few more useful/time saving features that are not there, like the lock screen and its apps for example and there is lots more.

So when I say it was better I mean it in that sense, maybe you can do the things I mentioned and I just can't figure it out but I'm 99% sure you can't.

Yes the One max has some good abilities over the rezound like the size for example, and other things, but some of the things I mentioned make no sense to me why they are gone making One max not as easy to use as rezound when it came to some features.

Ok so you are saying that it depends on what kind of a phone I'm getting text from? I'm not good in that area and like to say it does not matter, but if you know for a fact it does, then I guess it does. Thank you for your response and time. :)

After re-reading my post I think I came across as arrogant. I apologize for that. With most of what you said is true though most didn't want them but they work for you and that works for you. In this specific case you might be better to go back to the rezound. They eliminated most of those features for a reason to them and I don't think they'd bring them back. Certain roms do include the unlimited scrolling for homescreens though that's about it. I'm not a big eye candy person myself. Considering how modern her phone is that sounds really weird. Do you use normal texts or hangouts? You both want to try hangouts and see if that works for you.

max444

Mar 16, 2014
Are you using a different keyboard than stock on either phone?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks dottat,

we are both using default keyboard but I was able to figure it out, I will state it below.

After re-reading my post I think I came across as arrogant. I apologize for that. With most of what you said is true though most didn't want them but they work for you and that works for you. In this specific case you might be better to go back to the rezound. They eliminated most of those features for a reason to them and I don't think they'd bring them back. Certain roms do include the unlimited scrolling for homescreens though that's about it. I'm not a big eye candy person myself. Considering how modern her phone is that sounds really weird. Do you use normal texts or hangouts? You both want to try hangouts and see if that works for you.

Thanks cstrife999,

we use normal texts and I was able to figure it out.

here is what it was:

on her note 3 she has 2 different sections for smilies, there is the default one we are all used to ( the one under the menu options under "insert smilies"), and then there is another section for smilies that has all the ones we have on the max, this other one you get to by holding the voice key down till you get a menu for 5 objects one being the second set of smilies.

Now the default ones are just the basic ones and only droid smilies, these are the ones that appear as text no matter what, however once we go to the second set of smilies as mentioned above all the smilies showed up on the texts as smilies.

Problems solved.

I like to thank you all for your time/help and responses.:highfive: