statusbar icons

Search This thread

radji

Mar 25, 2011
San Diego, CA
Howdy all. I'm wanting to customize a few of the statusbar icons on my M8 (Sprint). Specifically, the battery, bluetooth, WiFi, gps animation, etc.

I will not be messing with the Signal meter or 3G/4G/LTE/Sprint Spark icons. I know that tends to break SMS and triband LTE...though I do have the Disable Sprint SystemUI flag module installed and working.

I've already got the pngs and xmls ready to go. I just need to figure out which APKs they need to be flashed to as I am used to working on Samsung Galaxies which use only framework-res and systemUI (and maybe TWframework-res). Plus 4.4 with Sense 6 presents its own special set of problems modifying/theming the stock rom, so I've read.

Suggestions?

rbouza1

May 16, 2013
Google Pixel 6
Howdy all. I'm wanting to customize a few of the statusbar icons on my M8 (Sprint). Specifically, the battery, bluetooth, WiFi, gps animation, etc.

I will not be messing with the Signal meter or 3G/4G/LTE/Sprint Spark icons. I know that tends to break SMS and triband LTE...though I do have the Disable Sprint SystemUI flag module installed and working.

I've already got the pngs and xmls ready to go. I just need to figure out which APKs they need to be flashed to as I am used to working on Samsung Galaxies which use only framework-res and systemUI (and maybe TWframework-res). Plus 4.4 with Sense 6 presents its own special set of problems modifying/theming the stock rom, so I've read.

Suggestions?

xposed and gravitybox. and a backup

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

xposed and gravitybox. and a backup

edit. you prolly on sense. wont the xposed statusbar icon module work ?

radji

Mar 25, 2011
San Diego, CA
Yes, I am on Sense 6. Never heard of the Statusbar Icon module. It probably does work. Link to it?

PS: I was told Sense and gravitybox is like mixing gasoline and fire.

Reactions: EternalAndroid

dased14

Dec 27, 2010
cincy,ohio
just grab a vrtheme zip and place everything needed in it (images must be in correct folder xmls must be recompiled and placed in correct folder) and rezip and flash.
if need be pm me and i'll help you out

Last edited:

radji

Mar 25, 2011
San Diego, CA
just grab a vrtheme zip and place everything needed in it (images must be in correct folder xmls must be recompiled and placed in correct folder) and rezip and flash.
if need be pm me and i'll help you out

I don't think I can use vrtheme as I need to recompile the xmls back into binary first. And APK Multitool is having issues doing that even with the newest version of apktool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, I am on Sense 6. Never heard of the Statusbar Icon module. It probably does work. Link to it?

PS: I was told Sense and gravitybox is like mixing gasoline and fire.