Phone goes into reboot loop when unplugged from AC

Search This thread

Icouldbetheone

Jun 22, 2014
Hey guys I am new to this forum.
My S3 mini been running stock android 4.1.2 for over a year now with no issues. Yesterday the phone just reboots by itself and the battery went from 60% to 14% in a second. Then the phone got stuck in a reboot loop, I had to take out the battery to make it stop rebooting every second. I tried charging the phone all night, for 8 hours, got 10 minutes of usage out of it before it started rebooting again and the battery inexplicably jumped from 90% to 14% ! The phone is only usable when plugged to the AC, basically not a mobile phone anymore.
Did a factory reset, Thought it might help, it didn't. The phone works fine when plugged to the AC, it only starts rebooting a few minutes after I unplug it.

Help please, should I get a new battery?

My S3 mini been running stock android 4.1.2 for over a year now with no issues. Yesterday the phone just reboots by itself and the battery went from 60% to 14% in a second. Then the phone got stuck in a reboot loop, I had to take out the battery to make it stop rebooting every second. I tried charging the phone all night, for 8 hours, got 10 minutes of usage out of it before it started rebooting again and the battery inexplicably jumped from 90% to 14% ! The phone is only usable when plugged to the AC, basically not a mobile phone anymore.
Did a factory reset, Thought it might help, it didn't. The phone works fine when plugged to the AC, it only starts rebooting a few minutes after I unplug it.

Yup :good:

qasim799

Dec 13, 2013

Change your battery

Icouldbetheone

Jun 22, 2014
update

i'm also having the same problem for a couple of days now, especially if i try to go on the internet via my phone. did anyone get back to you on this?

Update:

After replacing the original battery with a new one the phone went back to normal function. Also , when removing the old battery I noticed it's a little swollen.

Thanks everyone for the help. :cowboy: