[Q] safestrap / romslot 1 / issues

Search This thread

Dpike698

Jul 25, 2014
running stock rom on stock rom slot everything works fine, when i install a custom rom to rom slot 1 and boot to custom rom the rom works and does everything it should but i am not able to reboot or power off my phone. it does this if i am on custom rom or stock rom. when rebooting or powering off it gets stuck right after logo of rom goes away and stays there with led light, back arrow and open apps keys lit up. i have to remove battery and boot that way. after i wipe/ delete custom rom from rom slot 1 and everything works fine ??????

Chopstix9

May 28, 2011
Monroe, MI
running stock rom on stock rom slot everything works fine, when i install a custom rom to rom slot 1 and boot to custom rom the rom works and does everything it should but i am not able to reboot or power off my phone. it does this if i am on custom rom or stock rom. when rebooting or powering off it gets stuck right after logo of rom goes away and stays there with led light, back arrow and open apps keys lit up. i have to remove battery and boot that way. after i wipe/ delete custom rom from rom slot 1 and everything works fine ??????

If you would have read numerous threads on the issue you would have known. Instead you found out the same way I did some weeks ago!! There are known bug issues with Safestrap that cause the problems you are experiencing when using a rom slot. Use the stock slot only and all will work well. Yes, this means you have to wipe out your stock S5 system, but you can always odin back to stock.

DJNads

Aug 19, 2014
If you would have read numerous threads on the issue you would have known. Instead you found out the same way I did some weeks ago!! There are known bug issues with Safestrap that cause the problems you are experiencing when using a rom slot. Use the stock slot only and all will work well. Yes, this means you have to wipe out your stock S5 system, but you can always odin back to stock.

With our build you pretty much have to treat safestrap like any other custom recovery. Most other recoveries that I'm aware of don't have various slots for you to dual boot stock and custom roms. Making a backup within safestrap is definitely recommended before you wipe the stock rom slot that way if you want to go back, you won't need to recover with odin. Not saying that's a bad way to go, just a little inconvenient.

Sad to say the developer of our recovery if off doing other things. I don't know if this rom slot one issue is something that can be patched within the recovery, or it's it's more of a ROM developer kind of thing, but I don't see that getting fixed any time soon.

Chopstix9

May 28, 2011
Monroe, MI
With our build you pretty much have to treat safestrap like any other custom recovery. Most other recoveries that I'm aware of don't have various slots for you to dual boot stock and custom roms. Making a backup within safestrap is definitely recommended before you wipe the stock rom slot that way if you want to go back, you won't need to recover with odin. Not saying that's a bad way to go, just a little inconvenient.

Sad to say the developer of our recovery if off doing other things. I don't know if this rom slot one issue is something that can be patched within the recovery, or it's it's more of a ROM developer kind of thing, but I don't see that getting fixed any time soon.
No it won't... Hash said in the safestrap thread that he was shutting down deveopment work on it... the only hope would be that another dev dives in to it.