[Q] Possibly bricked Galaxy Tab p5110 - Any help would be awesome

Search This thread

RobAdair

Aug 21, 2014
Hi All,

Firstly thank you for looking - I may have bricked my Galaxy Tab p5110 tablet through my own stupidity but wondered if anyone had any suggestions to potentially fix the issue.

I was running Slim-p5110 4.2 rom up until last night when i decided to upgrade to 4.4 v7, however i went straight ahead with the install using CM recovery v6.0.2.7 rather than upgrading to a more recent version. Then when i tried to install the new rom i got the error message set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed.

When i Googled to see what i had done wrong it appears that this is caused using an old recovery, however now it doesn't look like i can update the recovery as every time i start the tablet it reboots only to CMR despite which keys i hold...

Unfortunately i guess it is new device time - but as a last resort any suggestions would be massively appreciated!

Thanks All

Rob

erep

Aug 27, 2014
Hi All,

Firstly thank you for looking - I may have bricked my Galaxy Tab p5110 tablet through my own stupidity but wondered if anyone had any suggestions to potentially fix the issue.

I was running Slim-p5110 4.2 rom up until last night when i decided to upgrade to 4.4 v7, however i went straight ahead with the install using CM recovery v6.0.2.7 rather than upgrading to a more recent version. Then when i tried to install the new rom i got the error message set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed.

When i Googled to see what i had done wrong it appears that this is caused using an old recovery, however now it doesn't look like i can update the recovery as every time i start the tablet it reboots only to CMR despite which keys i hold...

Unfortunately i guess it is new device time - but as a last resort any suggestions would be massively appreciated!

Thanks All

Rob

I did the same thing allthough with a different and older recovery program. Same error message. You are not lost. Start the p5110 in download mode (Press and hold Power and Volume Down keys on boot).

Install a new recovery program with Odin. Go from there to normal image install.

Last edited: