Power Pack case

Search This thread

marshy73

Jul 2, 2007
Its manufacture in ShenZhen. So I'm gonna keep a lookout for it in Dealextreme.

wilsonlam97

Jul 11, 2010
Toronto
It made sense for the iPhone but why for the GN? You can't just get a extended battery or swap it out?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

marshy73

Jul 2, 2007
yup this is an alternative to those 3500mah extended batteries. the only thing i would like to know about the case is if it as an on/off switch, i can see it killing the stock battery cycles if left on all the time.

It should be similar to other packs of similar purpose. It will constant charge the internal battery until depleted then the internal battery own power kicks. So in phone usage, you'd probably see 100% charged until the pack is depleted.

carlost24

Jul 30, 2009
This is very interesting, also looks like it has the ringke slim case silhoutte that covers the top and button but leaves the sides exposed, i wonder how much bulk it will add to the back side, hope to see a review soon, was gonna buy the ringke slim but i guess I'll wait a few days...

neotekz

Oct 7, 2007
Ottawa
just checked a few forums for chinagrabber and people are saying they are not the best place to buy from. i found it at pandawill too.

i found out it does have an on/off switch on the bottom of the case.

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
I would like one of these cases as well. Not sure if it'll be compatable with the sprint version...

neotekz

Oct 7, 2007
Ottawa
can you guys post some pics and let us know how much thicker it makes the phone. debating between this and an usb external battery pack.

maxkobi

Jun 23, 2011
verizon/sprint tester

anyone buy this that has the LTE version? a Verizon or Sprint variant? i want to know if it fits and the overall profile on the phone. looks interesting!

mini21

Apr 15, 2012
Warszawa
www.fotomini.com.pl
Hi.
Has anyone tried to put this set to any case?
I do not like to wear the phone in pocket, should need something with Belt Clip and wonder if this kit would come to OtterBox Defender, PureGear Hard Shell Holster or any other case.

And by the way I ask because I do not see in the description.
Is the power pack will fit together with the extended battery 2000 mAh or just the stock 1750 mah?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I purchased this on eBay
    The seller said it should fit I515 also. I'll post pix in 30 min when I'm home.
    dwebsid THE

By USCJustice at AC forums.
    because im lazy...

So first impressions, it's really better than I expected. It has a nice feel to the charger/case. something of a rubberized feel. It is advertised for the GSM version, and they claimed that it would work for the LTE as well. I was a little concerned as the LTE is a thicker device. Lo and Behold, it does fit. I have the stock extended battery on my phone. With that on the phone and the back cover in place, the charger/case will still fit. It acts just a little like it is bowed (probably not a good description), but does snap in and fit just fine. If you have the smaller stock battery, then it does fit just a tad better.

I have no idea if the NFC works with this case on. I hope to try this out in the next couple days.

I played with it on the phone for about an hour. it didn't interfere with any real functions (playing Words with Friends and answering emails/texts). The only somewhat disagreeable part is that it does make it a little harder to hit the power button on the side and the volume on the opposite side.

I put it on a USB charger and it fully charged in about 2 hours. It has a power button on the bottom. hit it once while the phone is plugged in and it tells you by lighted color what percentage of battery is left on it. Hold for 3 to 5 seconds and it starts charging the phone. pretty cool. The charging of the phone is somewhat slow. Probably something akin to the way the car chargers work with these phones. I notice that the wall charger does charge the phone much faster than the charger/case or the car charger. When the phone is in the charger/case, and then plugged into the wall charger then it charges the phone first.

Looks wise, it does add a bit of heft to the phone. I think it still looks better than most of the humpback extended life batteries. It doesn't make the phone look any larger than if it was in an Otterbox.

I will update this after a couple days of actual use to fill in a few more real world details.

OK, two more days of using it, and here's where I'm at with this Battery case combo. On Wednesday I ran the cell battery down as quickly as I could. Got it down to 36% and then turned the charger in the case on. over 2 hours and 25 minutes it went from 36% to 77%. That's not bad and would help get through the rest of the day. Thursday I did the same thing and went from 40% to 81% in about a 2.5 hour time span. I don't have it with me today, but plan on using it this evening out to dinner and a show with the wife. I'm expecting similar results.
    I got the case from the link I mentioned above, but it looks to be exactly the same from china store despite claiming a different mAh. Here's some pics and a quick Youtube video of it. To the person that asked about NFC. It does work fine with it. I tried it out with my NFC tags while the phone had the case on in charging mode. Let me know if you have any questions about it and I will try to answer. I don't know about CDMA version, but it does have a little extra room in the back, so it may. Or it could be for extended battery? IDK. I don't have either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay0KBc3oLsg&feature=plcp
    Will do. It says up to 15 business days, so it might be a while...

can you guys post some pics and let us know how much thicker it makes the phone. debating between this and an usb external battery pack.
    Hey guys, found this

http://www.chinavasion.com/cell-pho...case-for-samsung-galaxy-nexus-i9250-1700-mah/

And this

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/557221267-Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-I9250-Battery-Case-2200mAh-Power-Station-Cover-sCase-571-wholesalers.html

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium