[Q] Swap external to internal?

Search This thread

zzsetozz

Mar 12, 2011
Amman
is there anyway to do the swap on the Xperia Z C6602 any stock ROM (4.2.2, 4.3, 4.4.2)?

I had searched about it, and this is what I had Found, you need to modify the vold.fstab file, which should have 3 lines, for the internal, external and USB but mine have 2 there is no line for internal, and for the 4.4 can't be since this is related to the Kitkat SD restriction which can be fixed?

I have tried several ways, on 4.2.2 and 4.3 and even 4.4.2 with no success, so what is it I'm doing wrong?

My device is Xperia Z rooted and with dual recovery, Locked Bootloader, 64 GB Ultra sandisk, Stock ROM (4.2.2, 4.3, 4.4.2)

Last edited:

Orangewanted

Jun 3, 2014
is there anyway to do the swap on the Xperia 4.4.2 stock ROM?

I had searched about it, and there is a way for CM11 and other 4.3 ROMs since there is Vold file, or is this related to the Kitkat SD restriction which can be fixed?

There is a thread discuss SD fix. you should search it more carefully.http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/fix-t2759826
you can use the method or an app.
I think 2G RAM is enough to run any apps so it doesn't need to swap.:)

zzsetozz

Mar 12, 2011
Amman
There is a thread discuss SD fix. you should search it more carefully.http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/fix-t2759826
you can use the method or an app.
I think 2G RAM is enough to run any apps so it doesn't need to swap.:)

thank you for your answer, but I'm not talking about the fix for SD writing since I know about it already,

I'm talking about making my 64 GB card act like my internal so I install more apps since we can't move apps, and the RAM has nothing to do with this, I hope now I'm clear.

Orangewanted

Jun 3, 2014
thank you for your answer, but I'm not talking about the fix for SD writing since I know about it already,

I'm talking about making my 64 GB card act like my internal so I install more apps since we can't move apps, and the RAM has nothing to do with this, I hope now I'm clear.

Bro. That's app2sd, not swap.
swap means using part of your internal memory as device's RAM, it seems the Virtual Memory on Windows.
Stock 4.4.2 don't support it. If you have an unlocked bootloader, you can give a try on custom Rom.I'm on slimKAT 5.10 right now and it support this. butter smooth. :D

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app and my brain.

zzsetozz

Mar 12, 2011
Amman
Bro. That's app2sd, not swap.
swap means using part of your internal memory as device's RAM, it seems the Virtual Memory on Windows.
Stock 4.4.2 don't support it. If you have an unlocked bootloader, you can give a try on custom Rom.I'm on slimKAT 5.10 right now and it support this. butter smooth. :D

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app and my brain.

thank you again, but I meant something like this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2587176

and does the app2sd work on rooted stock 4.4.2 or it's not supported?