[Q] Screen density, ROM, app issue?

Search This thread

v0rtex

Dec 5, 2008
I recently pulled out my Google Cardboard after not playing with it for awhile so I could show it to a friend and when I did so I at first thought nothing was on the screen until I realized the icons were shrunk really small and sat at the bottom of the screen. I'm on the latest CM11 nightly and I know the cardboard app has been updated since the last time I used it. Possibly related: I have noticed small text/icons in the Hangouts app in the popup menu where you select SMS/Hangouts to message a user. Does anyone know if this is fixable? I'll attach a screenshot in case it helps.

I have found only a single reference to someone complaining about the same problem online and they talked about changing their display density. I changed it from 480 to 445 and that made no difference so I reverted it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-25-14-32-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-25-14-32-52.png
    30 KB · Views: 196

v0rtex

Dec 5, 2008
Yeah, given that it seemed to have little to no effect when changing the density I assumed that was least likely. I'm just not sure what I should try in attempting to make it work correctly.

lokster

Sep 13, 2008
I can confirm I have the same problem on my Nexus 5 with the latest CM11.
It used to work fine.

v0rtex

Dec 5, 2008
I can confirm I have the same problem on my Nexus 5 with the latest CM11.
It used to work fine.

I have confirmed one other CM11 user with the same issue - it seems to be a more recent issue because I looked at a phone running an older nightly from probably a month and a half ago and it does not have the issue.

HarmlessSaucer

Aug 11, 2014
I finally built my Cardboard today, and I udpated my Nexus 5 to the latest Nightly build of CM11 last night. I can confirm that I have the same issue
:(

Time to go back to the stable :(

Djaboloke

Jul 4, 2013
Same issue one oneplus

Hi,

Found this thread by googling DPI issues on the oneplus with cardboard. Had the same issue with the latest 12.1 bacon nightly. Changed the DPI setting to between 320 and 400 to have a correct placement. took me a while to get to the sweet spot of where I didn't see the icons 2ce.

Hopefully this will help someone :)

Greetz,