Search This thread

x_uereb

May 9, 2010
Dead link

23620/Build 23619 TAI EDITION - Hero V3:

23614/Build 23614 TAI EDITION - Hero V2:

23090/ Build 23090 Lite EDITION V1:

23069/ Build 23069 Lite HERO V30:

Where could i download these versions of rom- i`m a noob so can someone explain how to install to or to send me to a topic where i can find the steps... i supose if i have windows 6.0 Black Satin version i already have hard spl and super cid right?

yeballer

Jun 22, 2007
ISSUES FOUND IN HERO V5 ROM:

1. Button 5 (press and hold) doesn't bring up Flashlight app.(was also present in V4 ROM). Instead, pressing and holding on Button 6 does indeed bring up the Flashlight application.
2. Trying to launch Calender(Left Soft Key) on Today Screen (default windows today screen) throws up an error message.CONFIRMED BY OTHER USER
3. The Phone Dialer refuses to show my call history(dialled or missed or received calls). also no entries are seen in the Call Log section of the SPB Mobile Shell.CONFIRMED BY OTHER USER
4. The Dialer app is extremely sluggish compared to the rest of the OS.
5. Battery Meter is inaccurate.(i usually lose and once gained about 20% battery life after a soft reset ). i need others to corroborate the finding, since it could be an issue with my battery as it is about 3 yrs old).
6. The phone doesn't show incoming calls on many occasions. There is no indication of an incoming call on the SPB home screen in such instances. In such a situation, if i go to the dialer screen by pressing the green key( hard key), while an incoming call is coming, i get the popup of the incoming call and i can answer it. If the call is missed(in the above scenario), notification icons come up on top curtain bar and on the spb home screen. pressing on the curtain bar icon does nothing, while a press on the icon on spb homescreen takes me to a blank SPB CALL LOG screen.CONFIRMED BY OTHER USER
7. Unable to receive files via Bluetooth. Sending files work just fine.
8. Unable to create new email.
9. Cannot enter characters in the recipient and text boxes when creating SMS.

I request users of this ROM to check the aforementioned issues on their phones and reply.

Will UPDATE this post with further issues that i encounter. Hope my feedback will help in creating better ROM's.

I also encounter #1, using latest.

yeballer

Jun 22, 2007
To claify, one can remap flashlight from default button to another button and make it "work." But when flash light program is executed by either pressing or program execution, it only runs for a very short time, then terminates, e.g. suppose I map the button 6 to flashlight, it only runs as long as I hold button 6. Before changing to this rom, when the flash light program runs, it runs until it is executed one more time, which turns it off.

I know running the flashlight too long will damage the LED flash, but I would like the old way of executing the program, i.e. press it once, turning it on, press it again, turning it off.

Last edited:

gsom9000

Apr 14, 2010
Yes, these roms work perfect on 8525 (yesterday i flashed 16/05/10 28236 WWE Lite TAI EDITION - V5 on my phone - everything works good, also i installed spb shell 3.5. This rom + spb works faster than wm 6.1 + spb that was on my phone before)

gsom9000

Apr 14, 2010
I forgot about some bug - not a bug - just weird interface issue - when someone calls me i cant see caller ID - just "incoming call" screen with slide button (answer/ignore) at bottom. Can someone help on how to fix it? I dont wanna move from this rom - rly like it.

yeballer

Jun 22, 2007
I forgot about some bug - not a bug - just weird interface issue - when someone calls me i cant see caller ID - just "incoming call" screen with slide button (answer/ignore) at bottom. Can someone help on how to fix it? I dont wanna move from this rom - rly like it.

Yes, it's a major issue with this rom. It bugged me for awhile. I did all the upgrade only to find out about this problem, which is a bummer--enough mumble. But I have decided to stick to this ROM because:

1) it's lite
2) it's fast
3) it's the latest build, at the time of writing

If you really want to use the default incoming caller ID, you can go to

Tools --> Advanced Configuration --> open up (+) Phone --> tap on the first item "Phone skin: Enabled (advised)" --> go to the drop down menu and select Disabled (default)

But after that you'll have a dilemma: Ok, I can see the caller ID, but now I don't see numpad or anything when I use the phone interface/function (dialer).

To stick with this ROM, one has to either
1) disable the phone skin, and use a 3rd party dialer such as InesoftPhone
2) keep the phone skin, and use a 3rd party incoming ID handler such as InesoftPhone, Photo Contacts, or MagicCall.

Personally, I went 2) and use Photo Contacts.

gsom9000

Apr 14, 2010
Yes, it's a major issue with this rom. It bugged me for awhile. I did all the upgrade only to find out about this problem, which is a bummer--enough mumble. But I have decided to stick to this ROM because:

1) it's lite
2) it's fast

Tools --> Advanced Configuration --> open up (+) Phone --> tap on the first item "Phone skin: Enabled (advised)" --> go to the drop down menu and select Disabled (default)

But after that you'll have a dilemma: Ok, I can see the caller ID, but now I don't see numpad or anything when I use the phone interface/function (dialer).

2) keep the phone skin, and use a 3rd party incoming ID handler such as InesoftPhone, Photo Contacts, or MagicCall.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Very informative and useful.

Last edited:

skylineap

Mar 8, 2010

1) it's lite
2) it's fast

I face the same problem too.
Could you please help me that, among the three softs, which is the most "light-weight" one? I mean it do not slow down my phone so much.

Thank you very much for your help.

xjuk

Aug 15, 2010
Hi! Thanks for your work on the rom!
Can a "liter" version be made, with only office preinstalled - like in crc's lite or shamanix ultimate 6.1 roms?
I had issues for example with the preinstalled task manager (forgot the name) which SRed the phone when I tried to close it to free 1M of ram it uses.

jbstanford

Jan 10, 2008
Salt Lake City
This seems to take a bit longer to boot up but is a bit faster then my past rom, and I like that is is the latest most recent rom. It would be nice if a non-skinned super lite one was made though.

One question! I can't find out how to use block (word) input anymore! The popup just does the keyboard. If I am going to use the keyboard, I'll pop out the side! Is ther ea way to set that, or even just change the default? Thanks,
Jesse

yeballer

Jun 22, 2007
I face the same problem too.
Could you please help me that, among the three softs, which is the most "light-weight" one? I mean it do not slow down my phone so much.

Thank you very much for your help.

The only one I haven't tried yet is MagicCall, because it seems to focus around on blocking, and, that's it, i.e. no contacts management features. So, I guess, it would probably be the most light-weight, in terms of amount of usable RAM left.

Here's how I compared the other two, because I only found out this problem we're discussing very late after installing other applications--I thought it might be my problem so I flashed this rom fresh, and right after flash, I fiddle around then install the caller ID programs. And, just like your concern, I want to save resources after installing "it," but I wasn't sure which one used the lesser resource, so I tested out the two with brand new setting, i.e. flash in between to be fair to both.

Before comparing the two, one has to know that InesoftPhone contains both dialer and contacts (caller ID) features. Therefore, between InesoftPhone and Photo Contacts, InesoftPhone uses more RAM, i.e. less RAM left, but it uses less than Photo Contacts, if dialer feature is disabled.

I chose to use Photo Contacts at the end, though, because of its features. And I would also like to point out that the difference is small, even if InesoftPhone dialer is disabled, less than 1MB difference. Both softwares use around 2MB of RAM.

However, I would also like to point out that with default dialer, which I like more than the one provided by InesoftPhone, doesn't show the caller ID (or phone number), even if we can see it when it's ringing (through the use of caller ID software). It shows as "Unknown....(something)"; so, one might want to use InesoftPhone's dialer if one's the type that forget who's on the other end of the phone when talking. :p

yeballer

Jun 22, 2007
This seems to take a bit longer to boot up but is a bit faster then my past rom, and I like that is is the latest most recent rom. It would be nice if a non-skinned super lite one was made though.

One question! I can't find out how to use block (word) input anymore! The popup just does the keyboard. If I am going to use the keyboard, I'll pop out the side! Is ther ea way to set that, or even just change the default? Thanks,
Jesse

Hehe, you see, it's super lite already, because it removed the block (word) input. :p

So you'll have to install a input program that recognizes block input, or other 3rd party software. I recommend FingerKeyboard, free with nice features.

After installation, you would need to set it as a default input with SIPChange (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=271008).

yeballer

Jun 22, 2007
Hi! Thanks for your work on the rom!
Can a "liter" version be made, with only office preinstalled - like in crc's lite or shamanix ultimate 6.1 roms?
I had issues for example with the preinstalled task manager (forgot the name) which SRed the phone when I tried to close it to free 1M of ram it uses.

The default "task manager" is ArkSwitch, and it can be disabled to start-up in its options, and even deleted if you don't use it.

Top Liked Posts