[Q] Samsung tab 4 SM-T230 (Wifi only) stuck at "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue

Search This thread

samkitjain23

Jun 4, 2014
[Q] Samsung tab 4 SM-T230 (Wifi only) stuck at "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue

I was try to root my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230NU (Wi-Fi only), but it got stuck at screen saying " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" .

I also used Kies for "Firmware Upgrade and initialization" after entering the model number and serial number, it takes me to next me next screen when I click on "Start upgrade" it download the firmware and then give a message "Cannot upgrade your device".

Please help to resolve this issue.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
I was try to root my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230NU (Wi-Fi only), but it got stuck at screen saying " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" .

I also used Kies for "Firmware Upgrade and initialization" after entering the model number and serial number, it takes me to next me next screen when I click on "Start upgrade" it download the firmware and then give a message "Cannot upgrade your device".

Please help to resolve this issue.

are you able to get into download mode? most likely will have to flash stock rom from there then.

nismo87

Nov 5, 2010
guadalajara
are you able to get into download mode? most likely will have to flash stock rom from there then.

i have the same proble since yesterday, but not, i cant enter in download mode because when i turn off the tablet and try to get download mode, turn on in the screen: firmware upgrade encountered an issue...... in the cases like cellphones, said that need to quit the battery, but in the tablets, how can i quit the battery??? at this moment is just turn on in the stuck screen to get die the battery and maybe, simulate like in the cellphones, quit the battery.

anybody else with the same problem?

jasso58

Aug 29, 2014
only in spanish sorry (use google translate for readme please) :)

i have the same proble since yesterday, but not, i cant enter in download mode because when i turn off the tablet and try to get download mode, turn on in the screen: firmware upgrade encountered an issue...... in the cases like cellphones, said that need to quit the battery, but in the tablets, how can i quit the battery??? at this moment is just turn on in the stuck screen to get die the battery and maybe, simulate like in the cellphones, quit the battery.

anybody else with the same problem?

Para apagar la tablet necesitas hacer la combinacion de teclas de encendido(power) y(+) vol -... ya hay 2 versiones nuevas de firmware para esta tablet pero la mia esta rooteada y los sistemas con raiz(root) no pueden actualizarse por la misma tablet o kies3, intentare por odin ya que consegui las nuevas actualizaciones en otra pagina, no te deja actualizar porque si rooteaste con vroot solo que no cambiaste la aplicacion por superuser o superSU

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-29-12-36-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-29-12-36-33.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 568

iResQ Repairs

Aug 16, 2014
Plymouth
para apagar la tablet necesitas hacer la combinacion de teclas de encendido(power) y(+) vol -... Ya hay 2 versiones nuevas de firmware para esta tablet pero la mia esta rooteada y los sistemas con raiz(root) no pueden actualizarse por la misma tablet o kies3, intentare por odin ya que consegui las nuevas actualizaciones en otra pagina, no te deja actualizar porque si rooteaste con vroot solo que no cambiaste la aplicacion por superuser o supersu

i have poested a simple solution to this problem, but it appears to have been deleted or moved to another thread....... I wont risk the solution being removed again, so i f you need help please contact me.....