[Q] System UI crashing

Search This thread

DJBensch

Aug 2, 2014
Hey guys,

I just got the Padfone Friday, and I seem to have an issue with the stock launcher.

Everyone once in awhile when I dock the phone, the tablet will flash between some screens, and I can't do anything. So I pull the phone out, and it tells me that the systemui has crashed.

I have root via towelroot, and I froze some apps, so I did a factory reset earlier in case it was from something I did. But this is still happening sometimes.

Is this a common issues, or is there something I could be doing wrong?

whyjaybee

Aug 5, 2014
Have you found a fix yet? I have the same exact problem. I have the same symptoms you do. I can't put my tablet to sleep because it won't turn back on. I have to take the phone out and put it back in but then it glitches and seems like the systemui isn't working right.

Got the phone a couple weeks ago. Worked fine until recently. I haven't done anything abnormal. I did change my wallpaper on the tablet (I saw on another forum that someone thought this was the problem) but my problem didn't arise until a few days later.

DJBensch

Aug 2, 2014
I did a factory reset, and didn't change the background on the PadStation, that seems to be doing the trick.

cbass

Nov 17, 2007
Rochester, NY
Try disabling the lock screen. Mine would get whacky when putting the phone in the station, bouncing screens and/or telling me systemui had crashed until I disabled the swipe security on the lock screen.

osifervic

Aug 12, 2008
.. .. another thing to watch out for is that some widgets don't play nice with this device. I had a weather radar widget on my phone and it worked well. When I would dock it in the padfone station I would get multiple crashes. Android would crash, Asus system ui would crash and tablet would freeze up.

Removing the weather widget from the phone home screen solved the issue.

Hope this helps

treojoew

Dec 30, 2008
Baltimore
Well, that sucks. As far as i can tell it is the lock screen that is the problem. SLIDE lock was the culprit in my setup. I tried setting it a couple of different ways on the handset and also tried setting it from the station. The result was always the same; the station screen would blink on and off with the default text that instructs you to touch and hold the screen to change the wallpaper. When taking the phone out there is a message about the system ui not responding.
I assume this will be fixed via an update soon.

Makivante

Jan 27, 2014
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7
I was plagued with this problem of system ui crashing non stop when using tablet with a lock screen.
The solution I found was to update my Asus Launcher to 1.4.0.150213 and I havent had the problem anymore.

Makivante

Jan 27, 2014
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7
how did you update the launcher?

I had trouble finding the updated APK for the Asus apps.
I had to use the Aptoide app marketplace to get the needed APK. (they have all the updated Asus apps for some reason)
Worked perfectly and now I have everything updated and running smoothly with the new features.
Think there was like 3 apps that needed updating.

w7eIKOzm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tjsooley
I had trouble finding the updated APK for the Asus apps.
I had to use the Aptoide app marketplace to get the needed APK. (they have all the updated Asus apps for some reason)
Worked perfectly and now I have everything updated and running smoothly with the new features.
Think there was like 3 apps that needed updating.

can you post the APK'S?

Top Liked Posts